BUG in usability - propositional outlines

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25936
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:06 PM

I have tried to learn to like it; then to learn to accept it; then to learn to tolerate it - no luck in any option. I HATE the current implementation of propositional outlines. Why? Because they interfere with my access to the basic text.

Look at all analogous resources: clause visualizations,  discourse analysis and high definition resources. They all include the text and open BESIDE my Bible panel. I get the best of both worlds - my Bible text untouched and the marked up text.

Contrast the propositional outlines which insist on showing on all open copies of my Bible - I can't get away from them ... I can't see the text without them to check if I agree. I have no objection to them being a filter as long as they apply only to the copy of the Bible in which I turned them on. But I will not, can not, absolutely refuse to use them in their current intrusive implementation.

<insert your own favorite picture of Bill the cat>

Please correct this problem by either (a) making them a separate resource or (b) allowing the filter to be limited to a single occurrence of a resource.

Edit: I prefer a separate resource so that it can function as a parallel resource to the other analytic schemes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 851
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 30 2015 7:12 PM

Yes

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 1:48 AM

I wonder which of the options Michael was agreeing to?

MJ. Smith:
Please correct this problem by either (a) making them a separate resource or (b) allowing the filter to be limited to a single occurrence of a resource.

With "local" user preferences the way they are (a) is the only valid choice, if you mean a bible with text and Propositional Outlines integrated.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25936
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 1:57 AM

Yes, (b) requires a number of system changes ... but I wanted to acknowledge that they must have had a reason for switching to a filter model although I haven't quite figured out why. But I will admit I could enjoy having multiple panes of the same resource with independent filters.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 709
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 8:17 AM

MJ. Smith:
I could enjoy having multiple panes of the same resource with independent filters.

Yes Yes

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Notebook PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); I7-6500U@2.50GHz; 12GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 9702
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:54 AM

Tim Hensler:

MJ. Smith:
I could enjoy having multiple panes of the same resource with independent filters.

Yes Yes

Yes Yes

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 231
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 6:21 PM

Yes

Posts 851
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 12:59 PM

Dave Hooton:
I wonder which of the options Michael was agreeing to?

It's MJ, its all good! Big Smile

But, more precisely, the idea of not having every occurrence of the resource displaying the outline.

I often want the "uninterrupted" text beside the outline.

Posts 1367
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:17 PM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS