Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2015 11:35 PM

Hi,

Could we please have the ability to search the Schaff Herzog encyclopedia by heading text? Also I don't get any results from a large text search either.

Thank you.

Posts 26269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 1:59 AM

Have you tried Headwords?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 3:55 AM

Yes, headwords work well. But it is not possible to find a heading or large text within an article at least in my copy.

Thank you.

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 4:20 AM

rpat:
it is not possible to find a heading or large text within an article at least in my copy.

That's because of the poor production process employed with some dictionaries. Logos should definitely make sure that all type:encyclopedia resources expose Heading text as search fields, which many don't do for no apparent reason. This renders the resource dysfunctional for searches and guides (the latter unless they get picked up at some time for inclusion into LCV). 

The "large text" search field is auto-generated and only works for text that is formatted in a bigger font - so it gives the title page, if headwords are formatted in the same size (as here: bold and all-caps, but not larger - the "large text" search field works for words in the book title and the alphabet). 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 5:30 AM

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I hope that logos will properly tag these important resources.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS