Offer Verbum Treasury of Sacred Art as a stand alone purchase

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:24 AM

For those of you who love using painting and art in your teaching and study. There is a beautiful collection of paintings buried in a Catholic bundle called the "Verbum Treasury of Sacred Art". It contains 800 paintings by James Tissot, Peter Paul Reubens, Fra Angelico, Jacob Jordeans and Guido Reni.

They are all tagged and in an easy to browse through resource, unlike the fine art in logos 6 which also contains some of Tissot's paintings, but you are dependent on a difficult to use search to find them.

What I want is for those that want quality color media like this, (unlike the Bible and its Story, which is great but in black and white), to post here so that logos will release this as a separate purchase.

I only cross graded to Logos 6 for the Media and have often looked over logos.com and vryso looking for books that would contain art pictures. I do not want to have to buy a whole Catholic bundle with hundreds of resources I do not want for only one resource. I am not even Catholic.

Please reply in support of Logos releasing this as a separate purchase.

Thank YOU

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:28 AM

By the way, since it does not come up in searches, here is the description page for the product: https://www.logos.com/product/46369/verbum-treasury-of-sacred-art

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 4:36 AM

Seconded. I'm saving up for Verbum, but I'd like this to be made available separately too. Very handy for teaching.

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:23 PM

Looks like we are up to at least 5 for wanting this separately as there are another two in this post: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96707/666404.aspx

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:57 PM

Good find.  Well, possibly a Faithlife person will come along and say "yes", "no" or "in the future".  Or you could do that annoying thing of finding this thread and typing "bump" every month until somebody answers :)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 2:59 PM

Rayner:
Or you could do that annoying thing of finding this thread and typing "bump" every month until somebody answers :)

This would make a wonderful product in the Noet line. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 29291
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 3:23 PM

Verbum staff is about 2% of the Faithlife staff so there is far less chance one of them is lurking.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 6:08 PM

MJ. Smith:

Verbum staff is about 2% of the Faithlife staff so there is far less chance one of them is lurking.

Meh.  I hope that will change in future.  If somebody is lurking, maybe they can forward a link to this thread to a Verbum person??  Or, you could email that "suggestions" email address.  I've never received a personal response from it, but that's their preferred way to be contacted.

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 7:37 AM

There is a suggestions email address somewhere? Any idea where I will gladly email them in the name of deprived art lovers everywhere.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 8:48 AM

Ice Deep:

There is a suggestions email address somewhere? Any idea where I will gladly email them in the name of deprived art lovers everywhere.

Yes.  It's suggest@logos.com

Some of us prefer to post things here to see if they get support from other people.  We like to think that if something gets lots of support, then Faithlife will react enthusiastically :)

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 9:27 AM

There was an earlier thread requesting this that has got buried in the other threads over time, but I'd certainly like this resource to be available separately. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:25 PM

So, I discovered something interesting. If you have all the media for Logos 6 you already have most if not all the Verbum Treasury of Sacred Art as an online product. It is hard to search through because the search doesn't work right, but if you put in "Fine Art" I was able to find 406 distinct James Tissot painting, while the Verbum Treasury says it has 450. There is also the others, all in there. Knowing this the cross grade for six is a better deal than I first suspected. Just thought the rest of you would like to know.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:50 AM

Ice Deep:

So, I discovered something interesting. If you have all the media for Logos 6 you already have most if not all the Verbum Treasury of Sacred Art as an online product. It is hard to search through because the search doesn't work right, but if you put in "Fine Art" I was able to find 406 distinct James Tissot painting, while the Verbum Treasury says it has 450. There is also the others, all in there. Knowing this the cross grade for six is a better deal than I first suspected. Just thought the rest of you would like to know.

Thank you for pointing this out - that's really helpful, and has exposed a whole lot of art I didn't know I had!  For anyone who's not sure what this means, here's how to do this search: 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 3454
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:06 PM

Didn't know that either. How cool is that?

Thanks.

mm.

GregW:

Ice Deep:

Thank you for pointing this out - that's really helpful, and has exposed a whole lot of art I didn't know I had!  For anyone who's not sure what this means, here's how to do this search: 

mm.

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:28 AM

Ya the only downside right now is the search has an ordering issue. If you try to browse through you will see some of the same artwork over and over, but it is really only in there once. For some reason going from page to page in the search it is like the results are reshuffled every time you switch pages. I put in a bug report for it, so hopefully they fix it.

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:45 AM

Also help me figure out the other keywords... see this post:  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101521/701948.aspx#701948

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS