Do I know what I'm about to miss?

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:54 AM

Just got an email saying I'm about to miss out on the 15% discount on L6. Funny, I was kind of thinking that Logos was about to miss out on the over $4K I have been saving for the Hoarder's Collection. Come to think of it, I guess I really don't need the Hoarder's Collection and Logos doesn't really need my $4K...so I guess we're all good.

Posts 341
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:04 AM

It's okay--there will be a next "last time" where you can get 15% off... in March.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:39 AM

15% on upgrades not withstanding Abram. That is usually only offered twice - once during the introductory period and once about half way in between upgrade cycles. Who knows what that will look like in their new work flow however. It may well be serious that this is the last chance for upgraders. Or was. I think its done now.

Also David - Collectors is much less expensive than that for me. I may jump in on that at some point. Where its 4k for you, its right around or under 2k for me. Though I suspect in your opinion that just means I have too many titles.

In my opinion I have some of the best works related to fields I'm interested in (and some books I don't particularly care about but I digress).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 10231
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 7:01 AM

I had considered the Hoarder's Collection carefully.  But I was missing almost all the volumes, so I wouldn't benefit from the dynamic pricing.

I'm thinking to go for the L6 engine.  Brand-spanking new.  Slightly less horsepower than the L5, but yet having the panache of a Chevrolet Nova (the latter best known for quality molassas).

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 7:20 AM

abondservant:
15% on upgrades not withstanding Abram. That is usually only offered twice - once during the introductory period and once about half way in between upgrade cycles. Who knows what that will look like in their new work flow however. It may well be serious that this is the last chance for upgraders. Or was. I think its done now.

There are coupon codes scattered liberally over the internet which historically have given 15% off base packages, even for existing customers.

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:51 AM

Can someone post a link to this collection? thx

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:56 AM

abondservant:

Also David - Collectors is much less expensive than that for me. I may jump in on that at some point. Where its 4k for you, its right around or under 2k for me. 

I am actually somewhat surprised that my upgrade price is so steep, considering what I have. But I don't have the two main resources, and they certainly account for a significant chunk of the asking price. I'm still surprised, though.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 10:03 AM

Mark Barnes:

There are coupon codes scattered liberally over the internet which historically have given 15% off base packages, even for existing customers.

I will take this into consideration. Thanks.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 10:27 AM

David Paul:

abondservant:

Also David - Collectors is much less expensive than that for me. I may jump in on that at some point. Where its 4k for you, its right around or under 2k for me. 

I am actually somewhat surprised that my upgrade price is so steep, considering what I have. But I don't have the two main resources, and they certainly account for a significant chunk of the asking price. I'm still surprised, though.

I don't have either of those - and they are some of the draw for me - well those and the rest of the commentaries.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 10:41 AM

Lee:

Can someone post a link to this collection? thx

I believe that David Paul is affectionately referring to Logos "top of the line" base package:

https://www.logos.com/product/43524/collectors-edition

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 4:44 AM

Downloading...

Big Smile

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 4:59 AM

David Paul:

Mark Barnes:

I will take this into consideration. Thanks.

Hi David,

Your faithlife profile lists you as "Messianic Hebrew." Do you ever listen to Dr. Brown's radio-show, "Line Of Fire"? Or do you like any of his books or teachings? If you do, using his coupon code on your purchase will bless his ministry and let you have your discount... God bless!

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 5:08 AM

David Paul:

Downloading...

Big Smile

Congratulations.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:49 AM

Enjoy it brother, and may the Lord bless me with that package (and the finances to afford it) one day :)

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:51 PM

Denise:
Slightly less horsepower than the L5, but yet having the panache of a Chevrolet Nova (the latter best known for quality molassas).
Doesn't no va mean No Go?

Posts 10231
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 3:01 PM

Good point, Paul.  Although well equipped, they can go for a bundle these days.  Maybe 40 years from now, Logos6, well equipped will go for a bundle?  Or would it be the well regarded Logos5?

I can't believe DP is buying the biggie. I think every single book disagrees with the truth (DP's).

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 4:45 PM

Denise:
I can't believe DP is buying the biggie. I think every single book disagrees with the truth

Jn18: 38 

Posts 18711
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 5:32 PM

Denise:
I can't believe DP is buying the biggie.

Didn't you see his smiley? I'm sure he's pulling our leg.

David Paul:
Come to think of it, I guess I really don't need the Hoarder's Collection and Logos doesn't really need my $4K...so I guess we're all good.

He never had any intent to buy it.

Posts 10231
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 6:40 PM

No, I didn't see the smiley; I leave images turned off which saves quite a bit of bandwidth.  But it's true, I wondered for a lengthy period of time what DP could have possibly wanted or under what scenario the purchase could have happened.  A long-lost aunt that promised David a Long Island mansion, if he would purchase .... something like that.

Posts 18711
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 6:51 PM

Denise:
I leave images turned off which saves quite a bit of bandwidth.

Ah, I see. Will have to remember that when communicating with you in the future. I sometimes use images for specific purposes. Mostly to make a joke, or to help someone with Logos (screenshots).

Do you have a way of temporarily overriding the blockage of images if you need to, e.g., if you've asked a question and someone's answer does require a screenshot that would be helpful to you?

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS