Do I know what I'm about to miss?

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10111
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 8:28 PM

Yes ... on Opera, it's a checkmark at the top of the screen plus whether to run scripts or not.  On my iPad similarly.  Both allow running thin and a limited visit footprint.  Now if Verizon can give up its super-cookie.

For a long time I used to hit the illegal cookie on the page-back on Logos.com (similar to what you asked about today).  Now, I'm careful to log in and then kill the page.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:51 PM

David Roberts:

Your faithlife profile lists you as "Messianic Hebrew." Do you ever listen to Dr. Brown's radio-show, "Line Of Fire"? Or do you like any of his books or teachings? If you do, using his coupon code on your purchase will bless his ministry and let you have your discount... God bless!

I am only vaguely familiar with Brown. Without getting into specifics, there's not much similarity in our viewpoints.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:54 PM

Denise:

I can't believe DP is buying the biggie. I think every single book disagrees with the truth (DP's).

Yes, but as I've said before, I am always looking for more bad theology to disagree with. Smile

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:01 PM

Rosie Perera:

Denise:
I can't believe DP is buying the biggie.

Didn't you see his smiley? I'm sure he's pulling our leg.

David Paul:
Come to think of it, I guess I really don't need the Hoarder's Collection and Logos doesn't really need my $4K...so I guess we're all good.

He never had any intent to buy it.

Hmmm, an interesting take...so, in an attempt to bolster my credibility (to the extent that is possible)...

As you can see, I have spent big money to acquire a high-priced CoEd. Wink

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:17 AM

I thought you were being serious :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:00 PM

David Paul:

Hmmm, an interesting take...so, in an attempt to bolster my credibility (to the extent that is possible)...

Wow, I'm impressed. Even I haven't bought the Collector's Edition.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:13 PM

Rosie Perera:

David Paul:

Eventually, I assume, once one has bought pre-pubs, various base packages and journals, it must become really cheap.  Right??  I can't imagine many people have Collector's otherwise.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:48 PM

Rayner:

Rosie Perera:

Eventually, I assume, once one has bought pre-pubs, various base packages and journals, it must become really cheap.  Right??  I can't imagine many people have Collector's otherwise.

Well, I've had Portfolio for a while, plus several denominational base packages, and lots and lots of add-on bundles. The Logos server is down for maintenance right now so I can't check what my price would be, but as I recall it was in the $300s. There wasn't enough in it that I was motivated to buy to make me want to spend that. I'd do better putting that money towards other interesting pre-pubs that come along.

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 3:35 PM

Rayner:

I have L4 Portfolio, L5 Porfolio, all the L5 denominational base packages, most L5 bundles, L6 Portfolio, almost all of the L6 denominational base packages, almost all of the L6 bundles, and a lot else besides. Collectors was still more than $1,000. I only caved in when I was contacted by a rep offering a 40% discount.

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 3:39 PM

David Paul:

I thought you'd faked this because SKU 43519 is Logos 6 Silver. Then I checked my Collector's email, and it says 43519, too!

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:32 PM

Now this is disappointing...and gives a rather unpleasant irony to the title of this thread. I commit to plunk down multiple thousands of dollars for this collection only to find that volumes from one of the primary resources are not included. Specifically, this...

...and this...

Oversight? It appears not. By default, I assumed I was getting this...

...but the CoEd only offers this...

Okay, yes, it is "all there" in terms of disclosure...except I didn't realize I needed to double check all of the various included collections to ferret out which ones were light by a volume or two or three (or more??). I actually understand why and how this "situation" might exist for some of the lesser packages Logos offeres, but I admit being caught off guard and rather surprised that this crème de la crème package skimps. Surprised and very disappointed.

Hmm

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 11:11 PM

David, 

I work closely with the Products team. They strive to update sets as soon as new volumes become available. I'm sure you recognize that it is much easier to reconfigure a single set, than an entire base package. 

At the same time, I understand your concern. Please know that this month, we are offering the 61-volume ICC set on sale. With this discount, you should be able to get the two additional volumes for around $59. 

I hope this helps,

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS