Removing Resources from Parallel

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 2 2015 3:27 AM

I use the left and right arrows to scroll through parallel resources in a commentary, dictionary or bible translation. However there are many resources I don't want to waste time seeing, particularly in the commentaries.

Is there a way to remove some resources from parallel without hiding them from my library so that I can just view those that I consider pertinent in my scrolling left and right?

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 3:57 AM

Roger Pitot:

I use the left and right arrows to scroll through parallel resources in a commentary, dictionary or bible translation. However there are many resources I don't want to waste time seeing, particularly in the commentaries.

Is there a way to remove some resources from parallel without hiding them from my library so that I can just view those that I consider pertinent in my scrolling left and right?

On my set up the parallel resources start at my highest prioritised commentary and work their way down the list. 

I don't know how to remove items - but if you prioritise the ones you want to see and just stop when you see the first you don't the intrusion should not be too unbearable.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 3:58 AM

Roger Pitot:

Yes, you can do this.

• First, create a collection that just contains the commentaries, dictionaries or Bible translations you want. Be sure to check "Show in parallel resources".
  • Second, open the resource you're starting from, and click the parallel resource menu.
  • Notice that there will be at least two groups of parallel resources — the one you just created, and "All parallel resources". One of those groups will have a check mark next to it. The check mark indicates which collection will be used when you press left or right. (If you have more than two collections, you may need to click in the bottom right to go onto the next 'page').
  • If it's not already selected, click on the heading for your custom collection so the check mark is on it.
  • Click away from the parallel resource menu. You should now find that the left/right arrow keys only cycle through the relevant resources in that collection.

Posts 24
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 5:22 AM

Thanks Mark - this is a major time saver for me!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS