Whew! Blblical Archaeologist is Shipping. Now what?

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1973
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 10:59 AM

Thanks Phil.  I was under the impression that you guys were cancelling orders that are also covered in the journal bundles.  I have cancelled the one outstanding order!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:00 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Gao Lu:
What if we paid for Masters and then got the goodies as they were shipped?

Now I LIKE that suggestion! Say we'd authorize Logos to charge our cards immediately (rather than waiting until everything's ready to ship), then we'd get each set (or individual resource) as it's ready to ship.

Let's all beg Logos to allow this!

Yes Great idea...would require massive confidence and agreement to the process on all sides due to scope and production cost.  But if feasible for Faithlife & agreeable to users, would several issues at once.  FL is surely hesitant to have us pay for what has not been shipped, but:

1) similar arrangements exist in many Base package purchases where upfront payment occurs for future shipment; 

2) FL states these Journal Bundles will be produced (and cash flow to do so might improve); and

3) many individual resources are well advanced, showing considerable overall progress that might be merged this way.

Maybe a great time for an exception. In any case, thanks to Faithlife for the previous explanation of their priority and process so far. <><   

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:05 AM

Re: Prepay before ship for Journal Bundles

Thanks, Phil. Sounds like the production schedule is moving along and this idea would make only slight difference in any case.  

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:09 AM

Thanks Phil - looking forward to having the master Journal Bundle in my library :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:13 AM

Phil,

What about volume 01-54? Will these be updated to the newest Logos standard? I notice that they lack covers in My Library. Moreover, why were these not included in these new Logos collections? I am sure some of your newer customers might enjoy having the first 54 volumes in their library.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:24 AM

Hello Mark 

I have L6 Platinum, I checked my Library and I have both of the following: 

Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research (78 vols.) 

Biblical Archaeologist / Near Eastern Archaeology (1992–2011) (20 vols.) (74 issues)  

I did not order them as a Pre-Pub, but they were part of my Base Package.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:26 AM

OK, Phil.  I think I'm still at the gaming table here.  But I'd assume you're busy, so ignore this entry.  Just 'playing my hand'.

- I'm canceling my about-to-ship pre-pubs.  That would be due to the larger bundles.  Makes sense.

- I now have a Academic bundle, which I had increased my bid to a Master bundle.  I now have both.  I don't really need the Master, but it's a good deal.

My risk (no offense), is that if a single obstruse (sp?) journal gets sidelined (maybe a contract tangle, who knows, life happens), then in theory I don't get journals period.  That is, until the bundle ships FDU (future date unknown).

With that in mind, I think I'll keep both bids, since I don't know which one might go FDU (though there's a commitment, Bob repeatedly taught us .... Logos doesn't do promises).

And for anyone wondering, no I don't gamble.  But I enjoy calculating risk (and journals).  So, I'm guessing no neato journals for the time being.  (Though I'd of thought paying the bundle now would be favorable to Logos).

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:06 PM

Thanks Phil, Lee, and Robert for your helpful comments

Posts 1826
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:49 PM

Denise:
I now have a Academic bundle, which I had increased my bid to a Master bundle.  I now have both.  I don't really need the Master, but it's a good deal.

Sounds like you have a pre-order for both Academic and Master. You should know that Master includes everything in Academic. So make sure you cancel one or the other before we ship.

Posts 1826
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:56 PM

Keith Larson:
What about volume 01-54?

Good question. We may not have been able to license these yet.

Keith Larson:
Will these be updated to the newest Logos standard?

If they're third party content, they probably won't get updated. Once we secure a license and do our own edition, we'll update them.

Keith Larson:
Moreover, why were these not included in these new Logos collections?

See the answer to the first question.

I'll check on these and see if I can get you a better answer.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 8:28 PM

The Archaeologist bundle looks nice. Thanks for mentioning it Denise.

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 1:51 AM

Thanks Phil

But what about someone who like me has L6 Portfolio , all three for these journal sets on Pre-Pub and the Master Journal Bundle on Pre-Pub.

My "guess" is that the Portfolio will "Trump" the order for two journals - the Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research (78 vols.) and the Biblical Archaeologist / Near Eastern Archaeology (1992–2011) (20 vols.) (74 issues) - so I will not get charged for the individuals journal sets as I "already own" them.

However my main concern is the Journal of Cuneiform Studies (19 vols.) which isn't part of Portfolio so I believe I would be charged for the Pre-Pub and at a higher rate than as part of the Master Journal Bundle (1,280+ vols.)

Is that a correct understanding - and what is my best action.

Regards Kevin

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 6:00 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

Thanks Phil

But what about someone who like me has L6 Portfolio , all three for these journal sets on Pre-Pub and the Master Journal Bundle on Pre-Pub.

My "guess" is that the Portfolio will "Trump" the order for two journals - the Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research (78 vols.) and the Biblical Archaeologist / Near Eastern Archaeology (1992–2011) (20 vols.) (74 issues) - so I will not get charged for the individuals journal sets as I "already own" them.

However my main concern is the Journal of Cuneiform Studies (19 vols.) which isn't part of Portfolio so I believe I would be charged for the Pre-Pub and at a higher rate than as part of the Master Journal Bundle (1,280+ vols.)

Is that a correct understanding - and what is my best action.

Regards Kevin

Kevin, as long as getting JCS this month is not a high priority, I would delete all three from your 'Account > Orders > Open Pre-Pubs' listing. And your reasoning is exactly correct: BASOR and BA/NEA will not bill in any case, since you "own" them in Portfolio, but JCS will bill at $99.95 - certainly a higher rate per unit than they would warrant in the Master Journal Bundle.  Grace and peace. <><

Posts 688
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 7:10 AM

Robert:

Kevin, as long as getting JCS this month is not a high priority, I would delete all three from your 'Account > Orders > Open Pre-Pubs' listing. And your reasoning is exactly correct: BASOR and BA/NEA will not bill in any case, since you "own" them in Portfolio, but JCS will bill at $99.95 - certainly a higher rate per unit than they would warrant in the Master Journal Bundle.  Grace and peace. <><

On this basis and Phil's response Yesterday - which appear consistent and match my guess/understanding - I have cancelled my Pre-Pub orders for each of these three journals.

Blessings.

Posts 125
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:16 PM

Yes Great - and thanks again to Phil!

For those who enjoy the subject density and variety of journals, the bundles (when complete) will certainly be excellent values. As an example, many have noted that the Master Journal Bundle includes the worthwhile "First Things" (248 issues), which alone is a new Pre-Pub at $249.95. Blessings to you also!

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 12:38 PM

I hope it will be shipped today

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 5:30 PM

It is not prepub anymore, but I still cant download. Sad

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 12:24 PM

same here. I wonder if it shipped prior to today for those of us with portfolio?

yup

already downloaded some time back.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 12:38 PM

I only have Platinum, and I got these back in Oct/Nov...apparently Logos has some resources completed, but are not releasing these to the "general public." Not sure why that is the case. I remember back in November that people were talking about getting the "Dictionary of Christian Antiquities" but I didn't get it....apparently it was downloaded only by those with Diamond or above. I have had it pre-ordered forever, but the Pre-Pub still hasn't been released to the rest of us.

Charlene

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS