Posts 60
Rustamania | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 4 2015 4:36 PM

I have a question about filtering highlights within a note file:

Example:  

• I have two highlights,
    • One that is "key ideas" and highlighted red
    • One that "important" and highlighted yellow
  • I have one note file for a book

If I want to see only my red/key ideas highlights in my note file, is there an easy way to do that?  If I have 100 highlights in a book, how can I easily get to my key points?  The one thing I did notice is that I could sort by Note Color.  I believe that sorts the highlights, but that doesn't give a good indication of my various highlighter styles colors...but maybe because I don't have a note indicator/color assigned.

Thanks for the help

Posts 22360
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 4 2015 7:35 PM

In Logos 6 you can search a resource by highlighting style as per https://wiki.logos.com/Search_HELP#Highlighting_Styles 

Does that help at all?

Posts 60
Rustamania | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:02 AM

I don't have Logos 6 yet, but when I upgrade that would probably help.  It seems like this would be something that people would need if they have a lot of highlights.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  

I have a lot of times where I need to see all of the notes in a file vs the highlights or search for items marked with a certain highlight.  Seems like that would come up a lot for others too.  Maybe not.

Posts 22360
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:15 AM

I don't think you are doing anything wrong but this search capability was introduced in Logos 6.

The free core engine upgrade is available at https://www.logos.com/install but I don't know if this engine supports highlight searching 

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:20 AM

A better way than searching (but again only in Logos 6), is to use the "Quotes" view of the highlighting document:

Posts 22360
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 10:10 AM

Mark Barnes:

A better way than searching (but again only in Logos 6), is to use the "Quotes" view of the highlighting document:

Quotes view is good but I don't think it allows you to separate out specific highlights does it?

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 10:41 AM

Graham Criddle:
Quotes view is good but I don't think it allows you to separate out specific highlights does it?

I don't think so. You can sort by "note color," but that relates to note indicators. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS