February offer... International Critical Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 6 2015 11:04 AM

In case anybody has missed it, Logos has $500 off International Critical Commentary Series (ICC) for the month of February.  

It's a tempting offer, and if you have any of them already, the dynamic pricing might reduce the cost of the series further.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:28 PM

Can you post the link?  I'm only seeing two volumes of the ICC on the February Deals page.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:38 PM

Steve:

Can you post the link?  I'm only seeing two volumes of the ICC on the February Deals page.

Sure.  It's here: https://www.logos.com/product/49022/international-critical-commentary-series

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:55 PM

For those who already purchased the 59-volume set previously, the two new volumes should be around $59. Considering these two new volumes run $230 in print, it's a pretty good deal.

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 12:25 AM

Jonathan J Watson:

For those who already purchased the 59-volume set previously, the two new volumes should be around $59. Considering these two new volumes run $230 in print, it's a pretty good deal.

Is there any way to find out the level of tagging that has been done in a resource before it has been purchased.

I have had a disappointing experience with Tom Wright's 'Christian Origins' series and have will try not to buy anything that has not been comprehensively tagged in future.

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 1:00 AM

Mike Binks:
...will try not to buy anything that has not been comprehensively tagged in future.

Maybe we need something like "tagging review" forum

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 6:25 AM

I always use the "report typo" feature to report missing or incorrect tags.  That seems to be the only avenue we have at the moment.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 7:11 AM

Joseph Turner:

I always use the "report typo" feature to report missing or incorrect tags.  That seems to be the only avenue we have at the moment.

I do too Joseph - they must have a boxful of mine since the beginning of the year.

It makes me feel better but I am not sure that anything is done about it - I don't see updates to the books I am reading coming through.

Posts 2235
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 6:56 PM

I must confess that I haven't used my ICC volumes much lately. My guess is that tagging updates are probably back-burner priority staff projects. Maybe an email to Bob might get a more specific inquiry answer to the volumes that most concern you. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 7:51 PM

mab:

I must confess that I haven't used my ICC volumes much lately. My guess is that tagging updates are probably back-burner priority staff projects. Maybe an email to Bob might get a more specific inquiry answer to the volumes that most concern you. 

This is a good suggestion mab. I don't know if it is relevant; but in this thread https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93927/652840.aspx#652840 Bob Pritchard wrote (regarding tagging):

"I'll take this as a reminder to work on the problem again, and try to get it resolved. But please realize that this (and all books whose IDs start 'GS_') is one of the few exceptions to our plan for rich tagging. If there are other books that are bothering you, please email me directly at bob@faithlife.com and I'll see if we can get them higher on the maintenance list"

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS