Minor Annoyance - Calendar Devotional Reading Plan Not Using Daily Index

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 81
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 7 2015 4:44 AM

I created a Reading Plan for Dr. Charles Stanley's "Seeking His Face".  The book is listed as a Calendar Devotional with a Day of Year index. My reading plan does not seem to be using the Day of year index, there are months section headings that it is allocating a day to.  Is the index incorrect or did I do something wrong when creating the Reading Plan?

Posts 28268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 2:15 PM

Calendar devotionals are intended to be prioritized and read on the home page. A reading plan is not designed to honor the calendar devotional's date. This could be a useful feature that you may wish to suggest on uservoice.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10421
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 7:43 AM

Rick J.:
there are months section headings that it is allocating a day to

I think this is a known bug in the current implementation of Reading Plans that Faithlife are actively working on or have already solved in the current development circle for 6.1

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 81
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:43 PM

Thank you MJ.  This devotional does not show on the home page with the other devotional either.  I prefer the reading plan even if the dates are not in-sync.  The home page devotionals would be better if you could select which ones show there.

Posts 81
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:44 PM

Thank you NB.  I am looking forward to the fix.

Posts 3407
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:47 PM

Rick J.:
This devotional does not show on the home page with the other devotional either.

Have you opened the Library tab and prioritized it?

Posts 28268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 6:18 PM

Rick J.:

The home page devotionals would be better if you could select which ones show there.

You can by prioritizing the 4 or 5 top ones in the library prioritization tab.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 60
Rustamania | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 9:17 AM

I want to tag on a question to this thread.  Just so I am understanding, the Today's Readings on the Logos home page will not handle daily devotionals?  It would be nice if it worked the same way as the IOS app which does handle devotionals and is easy to access.  

I did prioritize and put it in my content section, but I have to scroll through items to get to it.  It would be nice to have it within the Today's Reading section or another section on the sidebar for daily devotionals

Posts 28268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 1:24 PM

You understanding correctly. The way you asked for has been requested previously.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS