This sort of a neat function

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 9 2015 2:51 AM

Probably old news to some, but I thought I'd share this fortuitous discovery today. I was using the Parallel Gospel Reader and clicking away to explore buttons and discovered this:

As you know harmonies can be a real pain to navigate because canons use different approaches and judgments to organize the material and any given gospel is chopped up among sections. This neat little gem hiding away (highlighted in yellow) allows the user to reorganize the canon according to the gospel you choose. Now you can go through Luke (or any of the three other gospels) sequentially if you want to and see what passages in the other gospels are parallel to it. 

The help file states: that the tool "allows the entire synopsis to be reordered by one of the gospels at will (eg, “I want to see only Matthew and Mark, in Markan order”)" but it does not tell or show you how. That's how.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 3:07 AM

Excellent, Francis. Seems like this should be in the wiki somewhere if it's not already. Have you done wiki edits before? You should figure out how if not (it's not that hard), because you've got a real gift for describing little-known features. This is not the first time I've seen you do it on the forums. Thanks for the tip!

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 5:19 AM

Francis:

The help file states: that the tool "allows the entire synopsis to be reordered by one of the gospels at will (eg, “I want to see only Matthew and Mark, in Markan order”)" but it does not tell or show you how. That's how.

Nice. I hadn't noticed that, thanks!

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 6:22 PM

Very good, Francis! This helps me as I am teaching Matthew right now and I don't know how many times I have had to adjust this so that Matthew is the "chosen" gospel! Smile

Charlene

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:25 AM

YesGeeked

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS