How Do You Save Favorites?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 166
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 9 2015 8:24 AM

So, I started off doing some reading this morning and came across an interesting acronym on Salvation in the ASB even though I wasn't actually studying that topic.  However, I know down the road that I would definitely love to find that acronym and the surrounding text when I need it.  So that got me to wondering how everyone else manages to save items like these that they're not using right now but want to catalog for a later usage.  Are you using some form of tagging or favorites? And if so, what methods work best for you?  

Posts 33447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 2:07 PM

I suspect the two most common ways are https://wiki.logos.com/Favorites or https://wiki.logos.com/Clippings

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 2:26 PM

Another method would be to highlight that text and add a Note to it with some keyword you make up so you can find it again later by Searching in "Your Documents" for that keyword. Just make sure it's something absolutely unique, e.g., your initials and a hyphen and faves (dd-faves).

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 2:32 PM

Thanks for the links MJ and the tip Rosie..

Posts 166
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 9:44 AM

Thanks MJ,

Rosie, that's a great tip to use a unique identifier. I've used clippings several times but as my number of clippings grow, I had begun to wonder how I could come back to a cool thought months or even years from now but your idea, I think, will do the trick. 

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 12:30 PM

I would, however, caution against using Favorites to store "your favorites." Using Logos 4, I added the individual Logos Maps from Biblical Places as Favorites, since there were certain ones that I never could remember how Logos named them. I picked up that tip from the forum (It might have even been a Logos employee that suggested it, but I don't remember.) Now with Logos 6, those Favorites no longer work...so all that time was wasted. Crying

Charlene

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS