SUGGESTION: Passage guide to show author and series by commentary titles

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:48 PM

When I look at the passage guide it shows me all of my commentaries, but sometimes I have trouble distinguishing the various ones based on the title (especially when titles can be simply "Revelation" or "The Book of Revelation"). It would help greatly if they were instead listed with the author's last name and the series abbreviation, like this:

Aune, Revelation 6-16 (WBC)
Beale, The Book of Revelation (NIGTC)
Mounce, The Book of Revelation (NICNT)
Osborne, Revelation (BECNT)

Posts 9312
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:58 PM

David, I support this suggestion, but did you know that if you hover over a commentary listing in the passage guide that you'll get a pop-up which gives you all the basic information about the resource?

Hovering over the top commentary on the list below brings up an information panel on the resource.

Of course your suggestion would be a quicker way to discover this information.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29745
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 3:16 PM

Also note that you can set your own titles to the format you suggest - tedious as you have to do each title but it is a one time effort

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 5:47 PM

MJ. Smith:

Also note that you can set your own titles to the format you suggest - tedious as you have to do each title but it is a one time effort

I have done that with a few of my sets that had non-descriptive titles, but I have dozens of commentaries for each book and would rather have Logos take care of this step for me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS