Please Read the New Forum Guidelines

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:43 AM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:
Would be nice to still have a designated forum (maybe named "Logos Coffee House") for more non technical fellow-shipping...  

It's the community that makes us keep wanting to come back. Don't lose it...

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:02 AM

They are also accessible from the main forums home page in the shortcut  panel on the sidebar.

Posts 2174
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:02 AM

Joan Korte:

I may have trouble with the search before you ask a question.  Even with searches I get too many hits to read every post.  I cannot keep up with forum topics due to the multiplicity of threads and posts.  I do not have an hour a day to spend on the forums.  I will try.

If you spend a minute or two scanning for relevant threads, that's plenty to satisfy the request to search before posting.

Posts 2174
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:11 AM

MarkSwaim:
If these forum guidelines truly represent the company's policy, why not place them prominently on the the main page

As David pointed out, there is a link on the main page under Shortcuts in the sidebar.

Posts 2174
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:14 AM

Allen Browne:

Could these guidelines be added to the Wiki?

Added them. They are, of course, locked for editing. :)

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:25 AM

MJ. Smith:
Even though I've been known to violate the theological issues rule

I too must admit my violations of the theological rule. Keep me accountable Hmm

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:28 AM

"3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together"

IMHO, this is the one that seems most personal and necessary because it may be the one violated the most.

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:53 AM

I see them now.  I did not see them before.  Thanks.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:38 PM

The guidelines are greatly appreciated!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:19 PM

Thanks!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:51 PM

Joe Miller:
The way I read it, George is still fair game.

Not fair game exactly, but with that dreadlocked caveman hair, smells a little gamey.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:31 PM

Joan Korte:

"3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together"

IMHO, this is the one that seems most personal and necessary because it may be the one violated the most.

Hi Joan,

I agree and I hope these rules will also prevent the "coarse jesting" that shows up, when it is not even to be named among us.

PS  What does IMHO mean?Confused

Hi Phil,

Is it possible to add a reminder to the list to not use bad words or imply them?

You can check out the thread on 'bad words showing up in word search' last week to see what can happen.  I only clicked on it to see what the error was so I could avoid it.  Instead, I found it was a springboard to use "humor" as an excuse to talk inappropriately.  The thread was not humorous, rather it was offensive.  It has not been the only thread of its kind.  I really would like to not have to see this sort of thing when I am simply trying to learn how to use the software.  I'd appreciate it if you would consider adding it to the rules.

I am glad to hear your response to Joan about searching for previous threads before posting.  I always try to find the answer by searching and will continue to do so, but I was a little intimidated thinking I might ask a question that had already been asked.  Smile

And I, too, will abide by all of the rules to the very best of my ability.

Thank you, Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 1712
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:42 PM

Thanks, Phil

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:09 PM

Sharon:
What does IMHO mean?

In My Humble Opinion...

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:52 PM

Sharon:
What does IMHO mean?
In My Humble Opinion... Blessing

Awww!  I should have guessed that one!  So much to learn!  Thanks for the INFO! Wink

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:57 PM

Sharon:
The thread was not humorous, rather it was offensive.

Hi Sharon,

I apologize & ask forgiveness for any offense given by my posts in that thread.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 33430
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:31 PM

Sharon:
Is it possible to add a reminder to the list to not use bad words or imply them?

Sharon, to me "3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together" covers it. I'm concerned that the term "bad words" is subjective enough that people might use it as a club. There are, of course, a number of words that clearly are crude, insulting, etc. which I think is covered by courtesy and respect. But then again, I am a minimalist when it comes to rules - I find I get greater compliance that way. MJ

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:16 PM

I agree to abide. Just my 2 cents but what about a theological discussion category. I know there other forums for this and I frequent a couple. But there is a kinship we Logos users feel and having this and Christ in common seems like it might be fruitful for these kind of discussions. Of course I could see how this might create some issues but I like to think we would show Christlikeness in these matters. Food for thought.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:51 AM

Phil,

I understand totally about not posting links or promoting current products that would compete with your sales, however I stumbled upon 4 copies of a discontinued publishing partner product that I think people might be interested in and I was thinking about suggest something like this, "If you will do a Bing search for Product X you will find 4 copies available for sale." Would something like this be violating the spirit of these rules?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:37 AM

P. Keith Larson:
Would something like this be violating the spirit of these rules?
sounds like the same thing to me.

As an aside, this question reminds me of when I was a youth pastor teaching teens about guarding their heart and purity.  Someone always wanted to know, "but what about, xyz?  is that okay to do with my girlfriend?"

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS