Please Read the New Forum Guidelines

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:38 AM

PS

My answer to the teens was always, "if you have to ask, then you already know the answer."

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:38 AM

BillS:

Sharon:
The thread was not humorous, rather it was offensive.

Hi Sharon,

I apologize & ask forgiveness for any offense given by my posts in that thread.

Hi Bill,

I don't remember anything you may have said, my brother, but - when your brother repents - forgive him...  So absolutely!  Forgiven!

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:04 AM

MJ. Smith:

Sharon:
Is it possible to add a reminder to the list to not use bad words or imply them?

Sharon, to me "3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together" covers it. I'm concerned that the term "bad words" is subjective enough that people might use it as a club. There are, of course, a number of words that clearly are crude, insulting, etc. which I think is covered by courtesy and respect. But then again, I am a minimalist when it comes to rules - I find I get greater compliance that way. MJ

If you will notice the rest of my post , MJ:

Hi Joan,

I agree and I hope these rules will also prevent the "coarse jesting" that shows up, when it is not even to be named among us.

I do hope these rules will prevent it.  But, it is not unwise to consider a reminder.

As far as the term "bad word", I used it simply because that was the word used in the title of the example thread.  I was not intimating writing a rule myself, only asking if Phil would consider the subject.

MJ. Smith:
I'm concerned that the term "bad words" is subjective enough that people might use it as a club.

Truly?  God has set down rules regarding that type of behavior also.  I pray that your concern is unnecessary.

Let's pray that these rules will give a sort of "new beginning" to each of us.  His mercies are new every morning.

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:51 AM

P. Keith Larson:
however I stumbled upon 4 copies of a discontinued publishing partner product that I think people might be interested

I understand your desire to be helpful and have done this same thing in the past (on product not available from Logos.) But looking at it just from a practical viewpoint; as soon as you post it, the 4 available copies would be sold. Then the post would just generate disapointment for all the subsequent readers who missed out on the great deal. (I know because I experienced the same disappointment reading about the "library builder" Christmas specials after the fact! Crying )

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:15 AM

Sharon:
I agree and I hope these rules will also prevent the "coarse jesting" that shows up, when it is not even to be named among us.

You sent me off into Logos Land to examine Eph 5:4 and specifically εὐτραπαλία.  Having dwelt on my discoveries I consider myself appropriately rebuked.  While I never intended my witicisms to be vulgar, they can easily have been taken so - especially by any who do not know me.

Thus I publicly apologize to any and all I've offended, most of all to Christ.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum reading.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:36 AM

Thomas Black:
You sent me off into Logos Land to examine Eph 5:4 and specifically εὐτραπαλία

Thomas, I would like to ask you a question about this, 

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:51 AM

Thomas Black:

Sharon:

You sent me off into Logos Land to examine Eph 5:4 and specifically εὐτραπαλία.  Having dwelt on my discoveries I consider myself appropriately rebuked.  While I never intended my witicisms to be vulgar, they can easily have been taken so - especially by any who do not know me.

Thus I publicly apologize to any and all I've offended, most of all to Christ.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled forum reading.

Hi Thomas,

Bless your heart!

I just last night clicked on a link to 'stilltruth' that was posted in a thread.  I didn't know it existed.  I was so thrilled!  What a blessing!  May the Lord prosper you in your work for Him.

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS