Faithlife - can someone there please review the CPs closing today for bid increments and bid "floor"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 685
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2015 6:33 AM

Faithlife -

can someone there please review the CPs closing today for bid increments and bid "floor"

Some need one action some need the other - please action ASAP.

Ta Kevin

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 8:43 AM

Bump.

Posts 685
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 9:09 AM

Maybe Jonathan J Watson you are able to review these and action

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 9:15 AM

I just tried their online click people, whose response is "email this" or "phone this" to which my (friendly) response was, "maybe you could just poke the person next to you..."  But I think the Sales folk don't sit near the price adjusting of CP listing website people...

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 9:28 AM

Some thoughts on some of the books and why I chose to order or not order:

AMOS upgrade - seems like the books (with one exception) do not cover the entire book.  Though Amos is my favorite OT minor prophet, I will be skipping this set.

PREACHING upgrade - This set looks good - more helpful than the original collection, which I did not order. F B Meyer is one author I appreciate. I bid on this one.

JACOB Bible Study, Preaching Tools - I reviewed the Abraham study a few years ago and liked it.  I suspect this will be as well done.  I bid on this one as well. 

I am not familiar with any of these books, but this explains why I chose to step out in faith and made my decisions.  Hope it helps. 

Blessings,

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 10:09 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Some thoughts on some of the books and why I chose to order or not order:

These are the exact books that I'm watching too, and I liked your summaries, so here are my thoughts:

AMOS upgrade - I'm currently in on this one, partly because it's an excellent price, and I'm looking to slowly increase my library.  However, I made the decision on the basis that most of the authors of the volumes are either Anglican or Methodist.  I'm prepared to put up with the book by Reformed John McFadyen because the subject of the work is Amos.  I am confident that I won't be accidentally importing lots of Reformed scholarship with this volume.

PREACHING upgrade - I'm much less certain about this one and I may pull out before noon.  However, again, the price is very attractive.  Wasn't interested in Meyer, Evans or Porter.  It's difficult to tell much about some of the other authors.  I was somewhat persuaded by the observation that James Stewart was considered (by one publication) to be the best preacher of the 20th century that he might have some useful hints on preaching. The book that interested me most was the Baker/Bickersteth volume on Augustine.  I think that alone is probably worth the current price of $13...

JACOB Bible Study, Preaching Tools - Everyone on the boards seems very keen on these.  I've no idea whether the theology will be Reformed, but I suspect that, given general inclination it's likely to be vaguely centrist Evangelical.  I decided to take the plunge on the basis that the questions provided by such studies are often more helpful to me than the answers, and because it has videos.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 10:40 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/29727/jacob-discerning-gods-presence-complete-church-curriculum-for-leaders-and-pastors

https://www.logos.com/product/43969/select-works-of-jeremiah-burroughs

Jonathan, could the two above be adjusted down to $1 increments.  They both look pretty close to me to being at the lower prices...

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 10:43 AM

Done. 

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:00 AM

Jonathan J Watson:

Done. 

Yes

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:56 AM

Floyd Johnson:

All of these are close to the next lower price - a few more bids probably will help them jump down.  Any last minute takers?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS