Un-priced books showing up in search results on Logos.com website.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 747
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2015 12:03 PM

When using the link below, there are a lot of books that have no price (not even zero) and when you go to their individual pages, there is no option to buy them.  It appears these are all books within a bundle not are not available for individual sale.  Usually books like these are suppressed from search results like this.  Can these books be updated so they don't appear in similar searches?  They tend to get in the way of finding what I am looking for.

Thank you.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=price%3A0&start=&sort=title&pageSize=60 

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 2:43 PM

I'm seeing the same thing.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 2:54 PM

Hmm.  It looks like CS Lewis has escaped his bundle and is now running all over the place :)

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 3:19 PM

Thanks, Tim. 

We created individual product pages for all the books in the C.S. Lewis Collection (30 vols.) so that people who searched for individual works could find the necessary information. 

Currently, these books are only available in the collection. 

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 3:23 PM

Jonathan J Watson:

Thanks, Tim. 

We created individual product pages for all the books in the C.S. Lewis Collection (30 vols.) so that people who searched for individual works could find the necessary information. 

Currently, these books are only available in the collection. 

Is this a new policy? Trial run? "One Off"? Personally, I think it's a good idea... But when sorting by price, they shouldn't be shown. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:21 AM

alabama24:
But when sorting by price, they shouldn't be shown.

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:31 AM

alabama24:
Personally, I think it's a good idea... But when sorting by price, they shouldn't be shown. 

I agree. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 2:26 AM

I agree. It's made worse by the fact they're marked as "Live", when in fact they're not "Live" at all.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 3:19 AM

Mark Barnes:

I agree. It's made worse by the fact they're marked as "Live", when in fact they're not "Live" at all.

Yes

Posts 747
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:55 AM

Hi Johnathan,

These books have no price.  That's different than a price of zero dollars (null <> zero).  They showed up yesterday on my RSS feed for "Free Logos Books" which is misleading (and frustrating) because they are not free and you can't order them individually.  

Please review the way these books are tagged or update the search engine so that books with a zero price are distinguished from books with no price.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:12 AM

I would like to have quite a few of them if they are free.

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 9:04 AM

Good morning, everyone! 

Thank you all for the feedback. We are in the process of addressing this with our eCommerce team. We'll update you as soon as we have a fix. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS