Two Books (Vyrso and Logos)...

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 14 2015 1:58 PM

https://vyrso.com/product/20161/psychology-theology-and-spirituality-in-christian-counseling

DOP: 2011 (revised and updated) @ $13.74 (rrp $24.99)

https://www.logos.com/product/17549/psychology-theology-and-spirituality-in-christian-counseling

DOP: 1996 @ rrp $22.95

Will Logos update the discrepancy in titles available? I guess it requires revising the older Logos edition. I have just purchased the (more up to date) Vyrso edition.

Posts 29046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 4:46 PM

Hey George! Smile

I am not sure what you are asking... For others who might come along later, the two links George provided take you to two different editions of the same book... one is a "Logos" edition, the other one is a "Vyrso" edition of a newer, revised version. 

To be honest, my guess is that it is a mistake that Vyrso has the updated resource and that it will be pulled.

EDIT: I sent an email to ask for clarification. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:02 PM

alabama24:

Hey George! Smile

I am not sure what you are asking...

...wondering if the Vyrso (revised 2011) edition is going to replace the Logos (unrevised1996) edition as a Logos update. Why have two?

Posts 29046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:18 PM

George Gates:
...wondering if the Vyrso (revised 2011) edition is going to replace the Logos (unrevised1996) edition as a Logos update. Why have two?

If you mean: "Will Faithlife pull the older edition from Logos and give owners a free update to the new edition," the answer is "no." If you mean "will Faithlife pull the title from Vyrso and migrate it to a 'Logos edition,'" the answer is "maybe." If they do, you should receive the updated resource free of charge (as long as you did indeed purchase it). 

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:56 PM

Glittering Vices: A New Look at the Seven Deadly Sins and Their Remedies

Vyrso

Logos

Posts 29046
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 7:12 PM

mike:
Glittering Vices: A New Look at the Seven Deadly Sins and Their Remedies

If you want it and don't own it, you might want to get it now (especially since it is on sale). I am sure it will be pulled from Vyrso very shortly. 

EDIT: Most of the titles (at least of the 10 I checked) in the Logos collection you linked to are currently being sold in the Vyrso store. The collection is still "gathering interest," so those resources are only being sold as a "pre-order" in Logos at this time. 

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 9:57 PM

Weird. It seems to have already been pulled. You can search for it and find it:

But when you click on that link (the same link mike posted above), you get this:

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 10:57 PM

That book has been on both Vyrso and Logos for months, then minutes after I posted it someone from Logos probably took it down.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:13 AM

alabama24:

To be honest, my guess is that it is a mistake that Vyrso has the updated resource and that it will be pulled. 

...yup!, she's gone!! Cool

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:24 AM

George Gates:

alabama24:

...yup!, she's gone!! Cool

But not before I managed to snag it.

Hmm, someone from Faithlife/Vyrso is definitely at work over the weekend and has been lurking on the forums.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:03 AM

The Logos version is part of the Baker package which is still in prepub. The package looks nice though so thanks for pointing that out.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 2:42 PM

James Hiddle:

The Logos version is part of the Baker package which is still in prepub. The package looks nice though so thanks for pointing that out.

That's true of Glittering Vices: A New Look at the Seven Deadly Sins and Their Remedies, but not of the first book that this thread was started about. It looks like now only the older edition of Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian Counseling is available, from Logos. The newer one that was on Vyrso has been pulled. That's unfortunate. Maybe it will be coming out in pre-pub on Logos soon, but they should have waited to pull the Vyrso version until they'd announced it in pre-pub. Maybe they no longer want to have to honor their longstanding policy of upgrading people who own the Vyrso edition to the Logos edition (which costs them more to produce) for free. That would be too bad, but I could understand it.

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 2:54 PM

Rosie Perera:

That's true of Glittering Vices: A New Look at the Seven Deadly Sins and Their Remedies, but not of the first book that this thread was started about. It looks like now only the older edition of Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Christian Counseling is available, from Logos. The newer one that was on Vyrso has been pulled. That's unfortunate. Maybe it will be coming out in pre-pub on Logos soon, but they should have waited to pull the Vyrso version until they'd announced it in pre-pub. Maybe they no longer want to have to honor their longstanding policy of upgrading people who own the Vyrso edition to the Logos edition (which costs them more to produce) for free. That would be too bad, but I could understand it.

That's one of the problems with a company that likes to avoid rules. No one is sure what the rules are. Past policy doesn't necessarily predict future policy. If there is a change in long standing PRACTICES, they should be announced so users that expect past practices to be the on-going policy.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:50 PM

Edwin Bowden:
If there is a change in long standing PRACTICES, they should be announced so users that expect past practices to be the on-going policy

I understand your frustration but look at it a different way  -->  If Faithlife gave you a hundred dollar bill every day for 30 days, would you get mad on day 31 when you did not receive that $100?  Sometimes our expectations are unreasonable.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:49 PM

Rosie Perera:

But not before I managed to snag it.

Hmm, someone from Faithlife/Vyrso is definitely at work over the weekend and has been lurking on the forums.

Yes... I noticed, and that does not bode well for 'hawk-eyed' customers... Zip it!

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:52 PM

Rosie Perera:
The newer one that was on Vyrso has been pulled. That's unfortunate. Maybe it will be coming out in pre-pub on Logos soon, but they should have waited to pull the Vyrso version until they'd announced it in pre-pub. Maybe they no longer want to have to honor their longstanding policy of upgrading people who own the Vyrso edition to the Logos edition (which costs them more to produce) for free.

Angry

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:17 PM

George Gates:

https://vyrso.com/product/20161/psychology-theology-and-spirituality-in-christian-counseling

DOP: 2011 (revised and updated) @ $13.74 (rrp $24.99)

https://www.logos.com/product/17549/psychology-theology-and-spirituality-in-christian-counseling

DOP: 1996 @ rrp $22.95

Will Logos update the discrepancy in titles available? I guess it requires revising the older Logos edition. I have just purchased the (more up to date) Vyrso edition.

I'll quote my own quote by saying the same is true for June Hunt's 'Hope for the Heart Series'.

Some of the booklets are on Vyrso (https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=june+hunt&Author=9452%7CJune+Hunt&redirecttoauthor=true&start=0&sort=rel&pageSize=30), and a few of these are on special deals. Wink

There is also the full set on Logos, and also available individually: https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=hope+for+the+heart+june+hunt&Author=9452%7cJune+Hunt&redirecttoauthor=true

If you were buying individual titles, where would you go - Vyrso or Logos? Ick! $5.00 (Logos) or $2.99 (Vyrso)? Hmm Specials on Vyrso at the moment for $0.99, and they have appeared regularly from time to time over the last few months. Stick out tongue

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:10 PM

Rosie Perera:

You caught me, we're in the process of going through the list of products from the original collection and retiring the Vyrso editions. I retired a few products on Friday while I was finishing up some of our pricing changes. Please note that the offices are closed today in honor of President's Day, we appreciate your patience as we update the products today and tomorrow. 

As we've stated in the past, if you've purchased a Vyrso ebook and the product eventually becomes a Logos edition we will upgrade your Vyrso ebook free of charge.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:44 PM

Brian Williams:

You caught me, we're in the process of going through the list of products from the original collection and retiring the Vyrso editions. I retired a few products on Friday while I was finishing up some of our pricing changes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

So does that mean neither Vyrso or Logos edition of the Vices title is available for immediate purchase now? And when it becomes available as a Logos edition, it will only be available in a very large collection?

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:49 PM

Edwin Bowden:

So does that mean neither Vyrso or Logos edition of the Vices title is available for immediate purchase now? And when it becomes available as a Logos edition, it will only be available in a very large collection?

Correct, the only way you could acquire the product is by pre-ordering the Baker Academic and Brazos Press Ethics Collection (19 Vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS