LearnLogos.com or Morris Proctor or None?

Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 85 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:56 PM

Which training for 6.0 would/will be the most useful, comprehensive, and cheapest?

Are the free "snippet" videos Faithlife is producing enough in your humble opinion?

www.learnlogos.com seems to be developing one too.

Sigh...wish I knew which is the best buy and why?

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:02 PM

I bought Learnlogos when I got L5. It was a whole lot cheaper than Morris' and done very well.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:08 PM

Kent:

I bought Learnlogos when I got L5.

What LeanLogos are you referring?  There are multiple resources ..

???

Posts 2093
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:17 PM

I have used both quite a bit.  Both are excellent. Learnlogos.com is by far the most bang for the buck.   Freebies online along with time and courageous exploration will take you almost anywhere, but well-prepared tutorials are certainly a shortcut.  

I cut my Logos teeth on the freebies, and got my wisdom teeth by purchasing tutorials.  

Check out Mark Barnes work:  https://vimeo.com/logostutorials/videos

Also...

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5_Video_Tutorials

https://www.logos.com/videos

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:17 PM

Core training Bundle

Posts 64
Hermann Fritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:35 PM

I recommend Master Logos Bible Software to Supercharge Your Bible Study. It only costs $ 27 and you get "lifelong" access.  The link is here ...

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-logos-bible-software/?sl=E0EYeVdTRRMALBoeCRAcKBM%3D

I am also glad about the Logos-basic-videos and the tutorials of Mark Barnes... Yes

Hermann

Posts 2863
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 5:12 PM

JoshInRI:
Which training for 6.0 would/will be the most useful, comprehensive, and cheapest?

I attended one of Mo's Camp Logos sessions. It was worth the time and money, other than the cost of travel and housing (300 miles is as close as Mo gets to the Texas panhandle). That added cost is one of the reasons I beat the drum so hard on Logos providing better training (see my sig).

I also bought Danny Zacharias' training on Udemy.com. I found this to be excellent training and well worth the minimal cost. I recommend it. Plus, he keeps adding new videos (he's up over 60 now), and having bought the original package, I get free access to the new stuff. Heck of a deal.

Here's that link:  https://www.udemy.com/mastering-logos-bible-software/

JoshInRI:
Are the free "snippet" videos Faithlife is producing enough in your humble opinion?

My opinion is rarely humble, and no; those videos, while good, are not nearly enough. There's an old saying I love: "Charm works for about 15 minutes. After than, you'd better know something." Those videos are 'charm'. After 15 minutes, we need to know something!

I would recommend you keep putting pressure on Faithlife to support their expensive software with appropriate training resources. (And don't you smart-aleks tell me Logos is free...that's a dodge of unbiblical proportions.) Perhaps they'll get the message if enough customers keep telling them how badly we need training (and not just introductory videos).

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:44 PM

Doc B:

JoshInRI:

I attended one of Mo's Camp Logos sessions. It was worth the time and money, other than the cost of travel and housing (300 miles is as close as Mo gets to the Texas panhandle). That added cost is one of the reasons I beat the drum so hard on Logos providing better training (see my sig).

I also bought Danny Zacharias' training on Udemy.com. I found this to be excellent training and well worth the minimal cost. I recommend it. Plus, he keeps adding new videos (he's up over 60 now), and having bought the original package, I get free access to the new stuff. Heck of a deal.

JoshInRI:

My opinion is rarely humble, and no; those videos, while good, are not nearly enough. There's an old saying I love: "Charm works for about 15 minutes. After than, you'd better know something." Those videos are 'charm'. After 15 minutes, we need to know something!

I would recommend you keep putting pressure on Faithlife to support their expensive software with appropriate training resources. (And don't you smart-aleks tell me Logos is free...that's a dodge of unbiblical proportions.) Perhaps they'll get the message if enough customers keep telling them how badly we need training (and not just introductory videos).

Thanks Doc Yes

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 3:44 AM

Yes thanks for the post

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:35 AM

Thanks everyone including Mr. Fritz.  The videos on that site I am told are a little blurry.  I preordered the 6.01 Logos v1 and v2 but may cancel it.

Posts 544
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:06 AM

Hermann Fritz:

I recommend Master Logos Bible Software to Supercharge Your Bible Study. It only costs $ 27 and you get "lifelong" access.  The link is here ...

https://www.udemy.com/mastering-logos-bible-software/?sl=E0EYeVdTRRMALBoeCRAcKBM%3D

I am also glad about the Logos-basic-videos and the tutorials of Mark Barnes... Yes

Hermann

I agree with Hermann - this is an easy to follow and useful course :)

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 7:50 AM

Thanks Glen.  God bless you and the others who took the time to read and respond.

I am going to cancel my preorder for the Logos v1 and v2 training and go with your suggestion.

Glory to God...Jesus Lead On!

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:16 AM

I've purchased the Udemy class and can also agree that it's pretty general. I have purchased the LearnLogos for L6, waiting patiently for the release and am very hopeful/excited they will be more in-depth. I have been attending his monthly webinars and learn a lot from him already that way, so I'm confident the work put in to the training will be just as fruitful. 

But if not, then A.) I will be sad and B.) it would be time to sigh over the price of the Morris videos....Smile

Posts 64
Hermann Fritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:25 AM

Josh, in the Logos-tutorial of Udemy you can change the resolution of the videos from low to high. 

Greetings from Cologne 

Posts 43
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:53 PM

I bought and watched all the L5 videos from LearnLogos.com. Very helpful. A great value.

Posts 183
Bryan S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:08 PM

Doc B:

YesYes

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it's been found difficult and not tried.

Posts 1965
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:15 PM

YesYesYes

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:18 PM

Doc B:

I bought it too. I am very impressed by Zacharias' course. Although it is introductory I still learned several new things and refreshed my memory on many more things. It is well worth the price.

Camp Logos on DVD is better than Camp Logos Live since you can watch the DVD over ad over.

LearnLogos is more affordable and is rather comprehensive. 

I recommend all three instruction paths.

*I have even learned a few things watching the Quickstart videos.*

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:59 PM

Any coupon for Learnlogos.com ?

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:14 PM

I got a discount of $5 on a previous time with the code fivedollars

Perhaps you could try it.

Page 1 of 5 (86 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS