Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:10 PM | Locked

Blair Laird:
The homepage button does not seem to work

There is no home page yet =)

It's just a placeholder for now.

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:12 PM | Locked

Blair Laird:
access your library via a desktop browser.

I do not have one of the "special" phones, but (even with slow codes) this is very interesting!

Thanks so much for the look (and tryout).

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:18 PM | Locked

Thanks.. When I click my library tab, my library stays open even if I click off. It also does not continue to load my books unless I keep scrolling down. If I dont scroll down it just stays there and does not load more books.

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:28 PM | Locked

Bryan Smith:

Blair Laird:
The homepage button does not seem to work

There is no home page yet =)

It's just a placeholder for now.

Ok, so how long does it take to load my library ? I am missing my theology bundle collection and my apologetics collection. I typed in Norman Geisler and nothing showed up .

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:34 PM | Locked

Blair Laird:
Thanks.. When I click my library tab, my library stays open even if I click off.

It's just a toggle button for now. You'll have to click the tab again to close it (or open one of the resources).

Blair Laird:
It also does not continue to load my books unless I keep scrolling down. If I dont scroll down it just stays there and does not load more books.

That's the correct behavior. If we try to load your entire library at once it will take a long time to load & you'll waste bandwidth downloading tons of cover images. Typing into the filter list still filters your entire library, not just what's loaded.

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:43 PM | Locked

Bryan Smith:
You'll have to click the tab again to close it (or open one of the resources).

Cool, it works. I just pressed refresh on the browser and it disappeared also.

Bryan Smith:
That's the correct behavior.

Makes sense..

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:44 PM | Locked

Bryan Smith:
Typing into the filter list still filters your entire library, not just what's loaded.

Any idea on the missing resources ?

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:14 PM | Locked

Looks like a possible Linux solution, or better characterized as a OS agnostic Logos 4 browser based solution. Wink

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:22 PM | Locked

They may not be available online yet. We have to get special permission from publishers to make them available online. See this thread for a list of available resources:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/7363.aspx?PageIndex=1

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

oh, ok  looks like I have resources available that are not in that list. I guess I'm doing pretty good

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:54 PM | Locked

Excellent!

Really like where Logos is going with this!

Yes

Posts 1547
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:35 PM | Locked

Bryan, are all users of logos able to access this beta? For example my father in-law has not upgraded to version 4 as of yet, he is still using version 3. Thanks in advance. God Bless

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 10:31 PM | Locked

Blair Laird:
Bryan, are all users of logos able to access this beta? For example my father in-law has not upgraded to version 4 as of yet, he is still using version 3.

You must have a Logos 4 base package to access your resources. If you don't have a L4 base package you'll only see our free resources, of which there are about 30.

We are currently not restricting access to the site, however, there is a reason this is posted in the beta forum ;) It still has a lot of bugs, a lot of missing functionality, and will probably get some down time. It's also not officially supported yet, so I wouldn't recommend relying on.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:50 AM | Locked

Bryan Smith:

They may not be available online yet. We have to get special permission from publishers to make them available online. See this thread for a list of available resources:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/7363.aspx?PageIndex=1

Please add RST - Russian Synodal Translation.  I believe it may be in the public domain and it is a free resource in L3/L4.

Vladimir

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:56 AM | Locked

Blair Laird:

Bryan, are all users of logos able to access this beta? For example my father in-law has not upgraded to version 4 as of yet, he is still using version 3. Thanks in advance. God Bless

Hi Blair,

I'm sure you know this... but I can't resist saying it anyway on the off chance you haven't thought of it. Bryan's already given you the technical answer. If your f-i-l is considering upgrading or crossgrading, he has about 11 days left... Don't let him miss out. Smile

And then, as Bryan said, he could run the beta if he chooses to.

And if (like some of us, including me) he leaves L3 installed, but uses one of the scripts in Logos' blog to install the new L4 resources back into L3, he'll have the backup that Bryan recommends.

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:13 AM | Locked

Pretty awesome!

Note to self: take web based alternative off of what Logos should do with $1-10 million list.

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:59 PM | Locked

Over time, web access to one's library should become more and more like what we have in the desktop version (as far as featuires and capabilities go).  A good analogy to the Logos 4 situation is the Outlook e-mail client for Exchange server access (such as in large companies).  Exchange server e-mail users who traveled clamored for a more portable solution for access to e-mail, especially for those situations where they did not have access to their desktop Outlook client.  To respond to that, Microsoft came out with web access to Exchange e-mail via their "OWA" (Outlook Web Access) solution.  It was crude at first, you could not access your Outlook Calendar, for example.  But over the years, Microsoft improved the richness of OWA to the point today where most OWA users are very happy with it, and many Exchange server e-mail users exclusively use OWA for access to their Exchange e-mail.  I think Logos is heading in the right direction to do this.  I can think of people right now who don't need anything more than web browser access to Logos resources, for whom a desktop Logos client is cumbersome to install, configure, backup, etc., and just one more thing to have to deal with when buying a new computer or dealing with downloads and licenses, etc.  At the same time, many of us rely heavily on our Logos 4 desktop client, and we see web access as supplemental, not primary.  For those of us like that, we want to see the desktop client and other solutions, such as web access, remain as parallel solutions, and not a case where one day web access replaces desktop client access.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 5:57 PM | Locked

I just hope the desktop client never goes away. As good as OWA is, for power email users who wish to control their own operating environment, it can't do what the desktop client does. Tim explained beautifully the dual-roles of web/desktop versions, I hope Logos never sees one version doing the job of both types of users.

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 6:06 PM | Locked

For those of you who use the mobile version of Library, you will need to visit

http://library.logos.com?beta=false

In order to access the mobile version of the site again, otherwise you will probably get an unhelpful error.

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:24 PM | Locked

Wow...this is really cool.

I'd tried to use the cell version on my work PC, but wasn't enamored with that experience...this one shows a lot more promise.    I hope it continues; I'd plan to use it while on trips.

Hopefully if I use it from a hotel (public use) PC it won't leave my account data behind.  Logos for netbooks ;-)

Page 2 of 6 (109 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS