Logos 6.1 Release Candidate 1 (6.1.0.0015) now available

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:44 PM

6.1 Release Candidate 1 (6.1.0.0015) is available for testing.

To update to RC 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 6.0b SR-3). To install RC 1 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:56 PM

There is still no way to just print text in varying size based on moving the slider. This bug has been in since at least 6.0a. It would seem to be a big issue to only be able to print in one text size, unless someone sends the data to another program to do the printing. Is this bug not considered a reasonably high priority?

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 2:24 PM

Don Awalt:
Is this bug not considered a reasonably high priority?

It should have been fixed during the 6.1 development cycle, but now that it's in Release Candidate phase I doubt it will be. They generally only fix crashing bugs at that point, and even then only ones that are pretty likely for people to stumble upon, since it's too risky to mess with the code otherwise. They're trying to get to a "stable" release now, so this will have to be put off until 6.2. There is a workaround, which is to export to Word and then enlarge the font there and print from there. Not ideal, but it won't stop people dead in the water, unless they don't have Word or any other word processor that you could copy/paste to.

Posts 852
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 3:59 PM

Release Notes

Fixed crash when dragging a note with a label between documents.

The reported problem was solved (Than you) but it gave opportunity to find another related problem.

See: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/100152/697936.aspx#697936 

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 4:11 PM

Rosie Perera:
It should have been fixed during the 6.1 development cycle, but now that it's in Release Candidate phase I doubt it will be.

Thanks Rosie. This is another of those things that is so maddening about how Logos makes decisions. This has gone through at least 6.0b, three service releases after 6.0b, and 6.1 beta test without fixing. How can you ignore a bug that prevents text sizing when you print for that long? It makes no sense to me, and I feel it puts me in a position I have to keep harping on it or it will never get fixed, making me the bad guy and always having to be so negative. I suspect people cringe when they see my posts these days.  I am just about completely fed up with all of this, it's a very discouraging feeling Sad

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:53 PM

Don Awalt:
This is another of those things that is so maddening about how Logos makes decisions. This has gone through at least 6.0b, three service releases after 6.0b, and 6.1 beta test without fixing. How can you ignore a bug that prevents text sizing when you print for that long? It makes no sense to me, and I feel it puts me in a position I have to keep harping on it or it will never get fixed, making me the bad guy and always having to be so negative.

I understand your frustration. Logos prioritizes bug fixes based partially on how many people are affected by them, and also what other bugs are waiting to be fixed, how much work it would be to fix, etc. Apparently this one has not been high on their list. There have been other bugs that have been around much longer than this, so in the grand scheme of things it's not unusual. And they must not have had many (or any) other users complaining about it, and/or their telemetry data tells them that very few users ever try to print enlarged text. If it were trivial to fix, they probably would have done it.

All that said, I hope for your sake that they get around to this for 6.2.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 2:54 AM

Rosie Perera:
All that said, I hope for your sake that they get around to this for 6.2.

Thanks Rosie.

Posts 493
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 7:55 AM

I'm happy to see that the sluggishness with Hebrew seems to be fixed! Scrolling smoothly.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS