Customize Search Results

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
J. Sanchez | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 18 2015 2:03 PM

Just got Logos. When I search for a passage it loads a million different resources (music, commentaries, graphs, charts, illustrations, etc). Though I am glad to have them, it really slows down my search and I'd prefer to have only the most used resources show up. Is there a way to modify my search settings so only the resources I select show up in my search? 

Thanks, 

Joel

Posts 18863
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 2:23 PM

The best way is to make a collection of your most used resources and then search in that.

Read up on Collections here, and watch the tutorial videos here, here, here, here, and here, and ask again if you have difficulties creating a collection or restricting a search to a collection.

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 2:23 PM

Hi Joel - and welcome to Logos and welcome to the forums.

A couple of things:

1. How are you searching, what type of search are you usIng? It sounds as though you may be entering. Passage in the reference box on the homepage. You might want to try a search using the magnifying class icon at the top of the window
  2. To select specific resources you should use collections. See https://wiki.logos.com/Collections for some guidance on that

hope this helps to get you started, Graham

Posts 3
J. Sanchez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 9:25 AM

Thanks, I will try that and see how it works.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 23 2015 6:35 PM

Thanks Rosie Yes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS