Home Screen Question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 12:28 PM

I haven.t been on Logos 6 for a while do to illness but when I went on today and switched to the home screen I noticed it had changed. In the past, when I went to the home screen to read my news, excerpts, etc. and it wouldn't all fit on a page, at the lower right it would say something like 1 of 6 or the likes and you could switch to the next page, etc horizontally until you had reached the end.

Today I was presented with everything on one page and I would have to scroll to the bottom of to read it all. This is cumbersome and annoying to  me because of poor eyesight and shaky hands. I often find it hard to scroll with the mouse, constantly drifting off the scroll bar.

Is this something new? Have I accidently changed a setting? To me, I find the homepage relatively useless the way it presently is.

Michael

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 1:30 PM

Hi Michael

The home screen was redesigned for Logos 6 for speed - and other reasons - and now works as you see it. Sorry to hear it is causing you problems.

You can control the types of things displayed by using the "gear" icon at the top-right of the screen

It is not possible to revert to the Logos 5 homepage functionality when using Logos 6

Graham

Posts 4695
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:20 PM

Hi Michael

Sorry about the shock of returning to the Home Page. I imagine that swapping your mouse for a trackpad might help.

Scrolling within the page means a lot less accuracy is required.

Posts 13
Kirk Doss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 21 2015 1:38 PM

As you mentioned that a problem you have in scrolling is due to constantly drifting off the scroll bar, I thought I would suggest a couple of possibilities.  First, does the mouse you use have a "wheel" between the two mouse buttons?  If so, all you have to do to scroll through the home page is to roll the mouse wheel up and down (while the mouse cursor/pointer is floating over any place on the main home page content), there is no need to hold the slider on the scroll bar and move it up and down.  Alternatively, you could also try clicking with the mouse anywhere that is blank in the home screen content area and then use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys on your keyboard to read through the various pages of the home screen content.  (Note that these techniques will also work in regular Bible or other resource reading within Logos...you can use the mouse wheel or Page Up/Page Down keys instead of having to hold the mouse pointer in place and scroll with it.)

I hope that this helps, and that I haven't misunderstood the nature of the issue you are having and thus told you things that you already knew.

Thanks,

Kirk

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:50 PM

Thanks Kirk. That works fine for me.

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS