How to get a purchase to Kindle?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:20 PM

Okay, so I have bought books and registered my kindle, but when I go to Kindle I don't see my books in the cloud and I don't see a way to send the book from Logos to my Kindle...  What is the next step?  

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:29 PM

Jefferis Peterson:

Okay, so I have bought books and registered my kindle, but when I go to Kindle I don't see my books in the cloud and I don't see a way to send the book from Logos to my Kindle...  What is the next step?  

Follow these instructions: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92620.aspx 

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:42 PM

That isn't working.  When I go to my orders, is shows the ability to download to my iPad but there is no option to send to Kindle... 

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:46 PM

Jefferis Peterson:

That isn't working.  When I go to my orders, is shows the ability to download to my iPad but there is no option to send to Kindle... 

Have you followed the first step: set kindle to youruniqueid@kindle.com?

Does it not work on all resources, or just some resources? If some, which ones?

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:55 PM

Yes, I set my kindle email id up yesterday.   First of all, the link you sent said to go to the resource panel in the application, which I did, but when I click on a book, it just opens in the app viewer. The only place I can see the options for iPhone or iPad are in the Orders area in my account.  If I am looking in the wrong place that might be an issue.  But I cannot find anywhere else I can even see the options for downloading or sending. On the iPad I am also having trouble even seeing the latest purchases. 

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:55 PM

Jefferis Peterson:

It's not done from your orders page, but from the desktop program.

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:56 PM

Desktop program does not give show me these options.  As I said above. 

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:57 PM

Okay, I found the option to send in the book when it is open, but my kindle ID is missing from the options. 

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:57 PM

Could we trouble you for a screen shot of it not showing the options?

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:04 PM

Jefferis Peterson:

Desktop program does not give show me these options.  As I said above

I apologize; I posted the same time you did.  Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

Posts 27674
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:26 PM

Jefferis Peterson:
Okay, I found the option to send in the book when it is open, but my kindle ID is missing from the options.

1. Please go to www.logos.com 
  2. Click on your avatar in the right upper hand corner and go to "account settings"
  3. On the left hand side of "account settings", click on the "mobile devices" tab
  4. If you set up your "send to kindle" address properly, a "kindle" device will appear with the correct email address. Check it carefully.
  5. If the email address is right, you are good to go.
  6. If the address is wrong, you will need to give customer service a phone call.
  7. If there isnt a kindle device listed, you didnt set it up properly. From the "new feature" page:

A kindle.com email address must be assigned to the account by entering “set kindle to #####@kindle.com” into the command box. Note: You cannot unlink your Kindle account once it has been linked. Please be sure to check your kindle.com address carefully before submitting.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27674
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:28 PM

Jefferis Peterson:

One more thing, for clarification: Not all resources are "send to kindle" enabled... So there will be resources without a "send to kindle" button.

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 8:12 PM

Okay, this is kind of weird.  I assumed that the KJV would be able to be sent to Kindle, and I tried several resources and the option did not appear. I finally found one that was available so I am trying it now. It was not very intuitive where and how to find available sources and set them for download, btw. 

BUT  a resource I purchased 3 days ago (The Deliverance of God) shows in my orders online, but does not show as available in my Desktop Application.   Seems like parts of Logos are not communicating with other parts. It also is not available to send to Kindle. Strange. It is a book after all. 

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 12:57 AM

Jefferis Peterson:

Yes, I set my kindle email id up yesterday.   First of all, the link you sent said to go to the resource panel in the application, which I did, but when I click on a book, it just opens in the app viewer. The only place I can see the options for iPhone or iPad are in the Orders area in my account.  If I am looking in the wrong place that might be an issue.  But I cannot find anywhere else I can even see the options for downloading or sending. On the iPad I am also having trouble even seeing the latest purchases. 

To send to Kindle from the desktop program:

1. Make sure you're online, Logos is running, and you've set up your Kindle address correctly.
  2. Open the library (easiest to open it in a tab, by right-clicking on the icon).
  3. Make sure the information panel is visible on the right-hand side of the library (by clicking on the Idea at the top of the library).
  4. Click on the resource you're interested in anywhere apart from on the title (if you click on the title the book will open, if you click elsewhere it will just be selected).
  5. Look for "Send to Kindle" immediately below the "Download to" box, and above "Manage mobile devices".

FWIW, The Deliverance of God is available to send to Kindle.

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 2:12 AM

Jefferis Peterson:
BUT  a resource I purchased 3 days ago (The Deliverance of God) shows in my orders online, but does not show as available in my Desktop Application.   Seems like parts of Logos are not communicating with other parts. It also is not available to send to Kindle. Strange. It is a book after all. 

If you've made a purchase that hasn't downloaded to your desktop application:

1. Double-check the purchase was made on the same account as your desktop app.
  2. Make sure you're online and "Use Internet" (in Program Settings) is set to on.
  3. If you still haven't received notification of new resources, type update now in the command bar and wait for Logos to confirm whether updates have been found.
  4. If it says there aren't updates, type update resources to run a slower, but more thorough check.

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:22 AM

Is the book transferred from my computer to the kindle email or directly from Logos.com?   The reason I ask is that I sent a book to the kindle yesterday and it still does not appear as a resource on the kindle either as a doc or a book. 

Update now did not reveal the new book.

BUT,  update resources says I have a 1 gig download.   Just not practical on my slow internet.  

I have to go to a coffee shop to get a better speed.   I need to know WHERE the downloads are stored so that I can transfer them to the desktop when I get home by a more direct method!

Posts 27674
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 8:40 AM

Directly from Faithlife. 

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:02 AM

Jefferis Peterson:
I need to know WHERE the downloads are stored so that I can transfer them to the desktop when I get home by a more direct method!

You'll need to SCAN the resources into your desktop. This post should explain how: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/60898.aspx 

Posts 27
Jefferis Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:08 AM

That link doesn't apply. It is windows based and I'm on a Mac.  

Secondly,  the book does not appear to have been sent to kindle even though it said it was sending... 

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 9:35 AM

Jefferis Peterson:
That link doesn't apply. It is windows based and I'm on a Mac

The principle is the same. Either (a) You copy the resources onto a removable drive, then SCAN the drive onto your desktop, or (b) You network the two devices and SCAN the resources folder over the network. On a Mac the folder is at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Logos/Data/random/ResourceManager/Resources

Jefferis Peterson:
Secondly,  the book does not appear to have been sent to kindle even though it said it was sending... 

That probably means either: (a) The Send to Kindle email address is wrong, or (b) You haven't whitelisted the @logos.com address in your Kindle account.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS