Seminary or Bible College notes input

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 10:15 PM

I'd like to see something similar to the sermon file add in that can be used for seminary or Bible college or maybe even church service or bible study notes or assignments where we can input them into logos 4 and also add some biographical data.

Posts 610
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:40 AM

ScottSolimine:

I'd like to see something similar to the sermon file add in that can be used for seminary or Bible college or maybe even church service or bible study notes or assignments where we can input them into logos 4 and also add some biographical data.

Scott,

That is an excellent suggestion. Many times I have wanted to put my class notes into a searchable format. Keep thinking and keep wanting...one of these days, it shall be so...I hope.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:21 AM

ScottSolimine:

Since class notes are more of a personal item rather than something of general interest, I think it would be better to consider making a PBB of them when this becomes available in L4.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:15 PM

I believe it would be something of general interest.  Logos has taken a lot of steps forward to be extremely useful in the classroom for students studying in seminary.  I believe it would be as beneficial as the sermon file add in was for preachers.  I am sure there are a number of other students using this program. 

And I would hate to have to pay 200 dollars and the yearly payments so I can put my notes in my logos.  I'd like to see a smoother and cheaper input than building books for each set of notes.

Posts 28926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:15 AM

ScottSolimine:
I'd like to see a smoother and cheaper input than building books for each set of notes.

Could you explain? In L3 I thought of sermons as providing more metadata and PBB's being easily quick and dirty ..

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 170
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 7:51 PM

I found that the sermon file addin created a better searchability and was integrated a little better than the PBBs I had.  My main concern is the price that one would have to pay to have the ability to build them.

Posts 28926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 10:22 PM

Makes sense. Thankyou.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 2:52 AM

Well..to be precise...note files are searchable...when the "Entire library" is searched.

It would be nice to have them as a separate category.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS