Logos 6.1 SR-1 (6.1.0.0024) now available

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 7:32 AM

Rev. 14:6:
 It did not write over the old version, nothing went into the trash, the old icon says logos 6 on the dock, the new icon says logos 7, strange.

Strange indeed!

Alabama and I seem to differ on the efficacy of reinstalling the engine in cases like yours - he seems to have been right on this occasion though.

So it looks like you have an option either gather and post logs on the forum and see if the technically minded can guide you further or wait until Monday and contact customer service.

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:01 AM

Thank you for your help Mike...

Blessings...

Posts 28029
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:05 AM

Mike Binks:
Alabama and I seem to differ on the efficacy of reinstalling the engine in cases like yours - he seems to have been right on this occasion though.

I probably wasn't fully clear above. There ARE times when a user needs to manually reinstall the engine... and I thought this was one of those times. 

I know that there was a bug in one build which prevented users from updating... but I don't think users were getting to the point of an error message... it just wouldn't update. 

Mike Binks:
So it looks like you have an option either gather and post logs on the forum and see if the technically minded can guide you further or wait until Monday and contact customer service.

I concur. Tongue Tied If you end up grabbing logs, please create a new thread. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5262
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:26 AM

6.1 killed Verbum performance and 6.1 SR-1 has not helped. When I bring up a passage guide and click more commentaries it takes literally minutes (last night in Gospel it took 4 minutes before it would let me do anything). I have tried to be patient but it is getting to the point I hate to do a passage guide because of it;s endless population where it will not let me even read while it does it. Please someone at FL tell me that this will be rectified soon.

dan

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 11:31 AM

Verbum 6.1 Beta 3 is still fast for this (HDD, CPU: Intel G2030 Q3 2013, 12 GB RAM) Windows 8.0 (newly installed Noet open at the same time, and Chrome 64-bit):

Dan Francis:
6.1 killed Verbum performance and 6.1 SR-1 has not helped. When I bring up a passage guide and click more commentaries it takes literally minutes (last night in Gospel it took 4 minutes before it would let me do anything).

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 6:12 PM

Dan Francis:

6.1 killed Verbum performance and 6.1 SR-1 has not helped. When I bring up a passage guide and click more commentaries it takes literally minutes (last night in Gospel it took 4 minutes before it would let me do anything). I have tried to be patient but it is getting to the point I hate to do a passage guide because of it;s endless population where it will not let me even read while it does it. Please someone at FL tell me that this will be rectified soon.

dan

Dan, you can send a Performance Report to Faithlife as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-performance

(for Mac send a Sample to Faithlife as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/report-problem)

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5262
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:36 PM

thanks doing it now...

dan

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:49 PM

Here is what I did to fix my situation.  I did not use app zapper but used my other trusty "trash me."  I dragged and dropped logos into trash me.  Bam it was gone.  THen went ahead and downloaded a fresh install as if it was just purchased. I know some of you told me not to do this but I did anyway.  Well it worked, my macbook pro has a fresh L6 install and running the new updated version.  No problems.  

Why does the icon in my dock say Logos 7 when I scroll over it?  Thats what is puzzling to me. 

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 11:17 PM

Rev. 14:6:

Why does the icon in my dock say Logos 7 when I scroll over it?  Thats what is puzzling to me. 

Pleas see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/92863/644404.aspx 

Posts 1495
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:50 AM

Looks like CNTTS is not among Apparatuses anymore?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:09 PM

Veli Voipio:

Looks like CNTTS is not among Apparatuses anymore?

It is better to start a new thread on this. But what do you mean?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1495
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 1:31 PM

I mean the exegetical guide, under apparatuses. Should show the CNTTS and probably more than two apparatuses.

Of course I cannot remember it exacly, how it looked before, but the CNTTS has apparatus practically for every verse in the NT.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1495
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 11:19 PM

I tried to put CNTTS to the highest priority, but it didn't help. I am pretty sure they goofed up something with this newest version, but I assume this is relatively easy to fix once they know about this problem

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 2:49 AM

Veli Voipio:

I tried to put CNTTS to the highest priority, but it didn't help. I am pretty sure they goofed up something with this newest version, but I assume this is relatively easy to fix once they know about this problem

Start a new thread with Bug:xxxxxxx as the title because it will have a better chance of being noticed.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 2:55 AM

Veli Voipio:

This is a curated section and therefore not dependent on prioritization for resources to appear.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1495
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 3:05 AM

Dave Hooton:
Start a new thread with Bug:xxxxxxx as the title because it will have a better chance of being noticed.

Ok, done https://community.logos.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?ReplyToPostID=703792&Quote=False 

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS