The lost books of Luther

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 9:53 AM

This subject has come up before, and there was a good explanation... but I don't remember what. Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3239
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 9:56 AM

Old age?

alabama24:

This subject has come up before, and there was a good explanation... but I don't remember what. Tongue Tied

mm.

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:19 AM

I believe the reason is order of translation being completed.  Perhaps in the early decades of this translation of his works they were released in numerical order, but now they are released in the order of translation completion. the volume numbers are not changed from the german volume numbers for consistency.

-Dan

PS:I am 90% sure this was the reason but I am too old and feeble to get on the search engine and I might get confused and lost in there... Big Smile

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:25 AM

Milkman:
Old age?

<awakens with a start> Huh? Yeah. What he said. Smile

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:27 AM

Dan Francis:
I am too old and feeble to get on the search engine and I might get confused and lost in there...

OK. You shamed me. Wink

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/58883.aspx 

Posts 1473
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:29 AM

The *.docx file here lists all volumes, I don't know how Mikko diid it, does he have the missing volumes in Logos or on paper?

Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: 2015-2-20 1:49 PM

Hi!

Here's updated version (2015.02.20) of my Luther's Works Index. It includes now a complete list of the New Series volumes, the table of contents to theUpgrade 2 volumes and some other tagging.

0218.Luthers_Works_index.docx

Title: Luther’s Works Index

Series Title: Luther's Works

Description: The Complete Tables of Contents to the Luther’s Works American Edition and The Comparison Charts of the English and German editions of the Luther’s Works.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:46 AM

alabama24:

Dan Francis:
I am too old and feeble to get on the search engine and I might get confused and lost in there...

OK. You shamed me. Wink

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/58883.aspx 

Not my intent Alab Left Hug... just a humorous way to justify my laziness to do a search when I was fairly sure of the answer.... and I am at the advanced age of 41... heheheheehehehehe

-Dan

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 10:59 AM

Dan Francis:
Not my intent Alab

Sorry, I didn't think that was your intent. Your joke made me realize that I, myself was being lazy. Smile

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 11:03 AM

There was a nugget of truth in there for me... I mean i might have gone off and got distracted...

-Dan

Posts 497
Greg Masone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 12:03 PM

Luther didn't like them so he took them out.

Posts 87
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 1:13 PM

What is really strange is that Logos still does not have volume 69 back on their website, which they used to sell.  It's a good resource.

http://www.cph.org/p-17483-luthers-works-on-cd-vol-69.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS