Well I'm in for $2.48 Canadian.

mm.

Posts 120
Antonius | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 6:01 PM

I am in at $2...

Posts 1790
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2015 8:10 PM

David J. Wilson:

Edging very close now to $1 but no breakthrough yet and not really much time left to get onboard.....

We have all day to get it down to 1 dollor !  Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 4:06 AM

Tom Rach:

It is now $1.00!

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 5:14 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

Tom Rach:

It is now $1.00!

Is it possible for publications to drop below $1???

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:00 AM

Arg! I was hoping it would stay at $2.00 so I wouldn't have to get it. (I put in a $1.00 bid just to spite myself.) Now I really have to think about buying a book that I'm sure I'll never read. Stick out tongue

Posts 2355
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:42 AM

Stick out tongue

maybe Logos will give us 10¢ increments.

Posts 1790
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:03 AM

David J. Wilson:

Edging very close now to $1 but no breakthrough yet and not really much time left to get onboard.....

It is now at $1  :) 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:28 AM

Rayner:
Is it possible for publications to drop below $1???

Probably not... but think about this: For it to drop to .50 cents, you would have to have twice as many people on board as you do for $1. Possible, but not likely in the short time allowed.

Furthermore, there is a "per charge" fee to use credit cards, and a significant amount of the $1 goes towards that. I don't think FL would want to lower the price more. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:37 AM

Cool to see this at $1. Does anyone know if this has ever happened in Community Pricing before?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 22096
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:49 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Cool to see this at $1. Does anyone know if this has ever happened in Community Pricing before?

We have been here before - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/17921/135176.aspx#135176 for one example

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:52 AM

Graham Criddle:

Bruce Dunning:

We have been here before - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/17921/135176.aspx#135176 for one example

Ah, yes, thanks for the reminder. It still is a pretty rare occurrence.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 3:44 AM

Thanks for pointing this out, Rosie. Almost missed it :-)

Posts 18766
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 4:05 AM

Lew Worthington:

Arg! I was hoping it would stay at $2.00 so I wouldn't have to get it. (I put in a $1.00 bid just to spite myself.) Now I really have to think about buying a book that I'm sure I'll never read. Stick out tongue

Well, you might never read it, but the point of acquiring a decent-sized research library isn't that you plan to read every single volume, but that next time you're trying to learn something about Church History or the Reformation, say, and you search your well-tagged library for some particular topic or phrase, this book might come up in the search results, and you'll be able to read just the portion of it that is relevant to your query. And that is worth $1, I'd say.

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 5:42 AM

Rosie Perera:

Well, you might never read it, but the point of acquiring a decent-sized research library isn't that you plan to read every single volume, but that next time you're trying to learn something about Church History or the Reformation, say, and you search your well-tagged library for some particular topic or phrase, this book might come up in the search results, and you'll be able to read just the portion of it that is relevant to your query. And that is worth $1, I'd say.

Of course, I realize that and completely agree. But analogous to what I tell my students regarding biblical interpretation, the real art is in knowing where to draw the line.

So the question is one of opposing forces: "Would I ever miss this resource if I didn't have it?" versus "Would I ever miss this dollar if I didn't have it?" Since we cannot experience both situations (and, for that matter, cannot experience either situation in advance), we just have to guess. My research interests are such that I'm never likely to feel a burning desire even to read links to it in a search.

Put another way, I'll quit rolling this book snowball as soon as I put on the outer layer. (Compare Rockefeller's "Just a little bit more.")

However, underneath all of that is the reality that I'm going to end up buying this book not based on its merits, nor on the merits of having a well-stocked and nicely tagged library, but simply because it's cheap. And I kind of hate when I do that.

And now I'm just listening to myself talk.

Posts 3189
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 2:16 PM

Just received this... (see below) How can you go wrong. Sure you may not read it, BUT what if in the future you came across a tag or footnote referencing this and you DIDN'T have it. Woe to you/me BUT what if you did have it? Hmmm. Just think of the self-congratulations you would pile upon your self??

DevilDrinks

Your community pricing bid for Saint Augustine, Melanchthon, and Neander: Three Biographies was successful, and a Pre-Pub order has been created for you for.

The final community price you will pay for this product was established to be 1.00 on 2/25/2015.

mm.

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 3:32 PM

Nicely played. Indeed, my life is transformed in unfathomable ways! Smile

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS