BUG: columns in ISV continuously revert to "auto"

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:22 PM

Every time I open Logos 6 my Bible panel loads with columns set to "auto" in the ISV, which I hate because the scrolling is goofy.  Every time I change it to "none" and then save my layout.

If I immediately relaunch my layout, ISV is reset to "auto" columns.  This is driving me crazy(ier).

Is there any way I can force L6 to make my settings stick?  It is only a problem with ISV.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:29 PM

Do you have more than one copy of ISV open in your layout?

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:57 PM

Graham Criddle:

No, just the one.  Why do you ask?  Is there some possibly-related issue?

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:16 PM

Ken F Hill:

Graham Criddle:

No, just the one.  Why do you ask?  Is there some possibly-related issue?

If you had two copies of the same resource open, and you changed the settings in one but not the other, you would have competing preferences... which could be resetting your choice.

What happens if you create a new layout? Does the issue persist?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:42 PM

alabama24:
What happens if you create a new layout? Does the issue persist?

1. I closed all my resources and opened the ISV. 
  2. It opened with columns set to "auto" which I changed to "none". 
  3. I saved that, with only the ISV open, as a new layout.  Then immediately opened the  new layout.
  4. ISV had columns set to "auto."
Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:13 PM

weird.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:37 PM

Ken F Hill:

• I closed all my resources and opened the ISV. 
  • It opened with columns set to "auto" which I changed to "none". 
  • I saved that, with only the ISV open, as a new layout.  Then immediately opened the  new layout.
  • ISV had columns set to "auto."

I only have the ISV, New Testament, but I can't reproduce what you are seeing with that resource.

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 3:37 PM

I am still having this problem whenever I relaunch Logos 6.  Is there an official bug-logging forum or page where I can report this?

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 4:58 PM

Ken F Hill:

I am still having this problem whenever I relaunch Logos 6.  Is there an official bug-logging forum or page where I can report this?

the best place is the beta forum, but you shouldn't post there if it doesn't apply. You will likely need to enable and post logs. Do you know how?

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 6:08 PM

Sounds too complicated.  Maybe I'll just live with it as is.

Posts 26518
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 6:22 PM

The simple way is to begin your post with the word Bug. Want it done?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 5:12 AM

MJ. Smith:

The simple way is to begin your post with the word Bug. Want it done?

Yes but I cannot edit the original post now.

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 11:25 AM

Hi Ken,

Is the book a part of a layout you've saved that the program is opening to? If this is the case then it's likely the layout is trumping your local panel setting change. After changing the setting you want to go into your layouts menu, right-click the layout you're using and update it to the current snapshot (so long as the current layout is how you want it to look still if not alter it to what you want first).

What column view are you selecting prior to restarting Logos? I set the ISV on my machine to 3 columns (it was set to None) and restarted the program and it stayed at 3 columns. I even set it to auto and restarted, it went back to auto, changed it to 2 column, restarted, and it stayed at 2 column. 

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 12:52 PM

tommyball1:

Is the book a part of a layout you've saved that the program is opening to? If this is the case then it's likely the layout is trumping your local panel setting change. After changing the setting you want to go into your layouts menu, right-click the layout you're using and update it to the current snapshot (so long as the current layout is how you want it to look still if not alter it to what you want first).

What column view are you selecting prior to restarting Logos? I set the ISV on my machine to 3 columns (it was set to None) and restarted the program and it stayed at 3 columns. I even set it to auto and restarted, it went back to auto, changed it to 2 column, restarted, and it stayed at 2 column. 

As I mentioned in the opening post, I've changed it the way I want -- "none" -- multiple times then updated the layout multiple times.  ISV always opens to "auto" when I reload the saved layout.  Except this time -- now it is working the way I want.

I wonder ... my wife uses Logos 5 on a Vista laptop.  Maybe that interaction was doing something behind the scenes.  She says she's not expert enough to mess with layouts so she hasn't tried.

Oh well.  All, thanks for the help. 

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 1:15 PM

Ken F Hill:
I wonder ... my wife uses Logos 5 on a Vista laptop.  Maybe that interaction was doing something behind the scenes.

Absolutely it can.

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 8:29 AM

Hi Ken,

I'm emailing you about this.

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 11:50 AM

tommyball1:

Hi Ken,

I'm emailing you about this.

I got your e-mail but I could not reply -- it kept bouncing back to me.

Thanks for getting back on this.  It is only ISV I am having the issue with.  Lately it is behaving better although to really insure it works right I often have to load my default layout immediately upon launching Logos 6.

Posts 3152
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2015 4:28 PM

Ken F Hill:
Thanks for getting back on this.  It is only ISV I am having the issue with.  Lately it is behaving better although to really insure it works right I often have to load my default layout immediately upon launching Logos 6.

Sorry for the confusion about which bible. What layout is it that this seems to be happening with. I recently checked with the ISV and it was set to None. This book was a part of the layout that opens on launch. 

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS