Prioritized Bibles versus Prefered Bible

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:23 PM

A change in behavior is apparent on my system since a recent Logos 4 update (no sure which one, but I am currently using build 4.01.3.5180 Logos 4.0a SR-3.  I have the following prioritized Bibles open when I do a search on a passage such as John 1:1-5: NRSV, AMP, HDNT(ESV), NLT, King James Version.  In my list of Preferred Bibles I have selected NRSV per "Choose preferred Bible", with the two others showing for easy selection being AMP and HDNT.  The recent change in behavior involved an apparent recurring auto selection of my preferred Bible as AMP, which I am wondering if something is selecting based on alphabetical order.  I keep reselecting NRSV as my preferred Bible, yet it keeps reverting to AMP as my preferred (both on my Desktop and on my Laptop.

Anyone having a similar experience ?  Is this a known issue ?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:39 PM

Have you tried fixing it from both computers? I've had an issue in the past getting all of my computers on the same page. Syncronization was undoing my changes as it tried to match what another install did. I had to make the changes on my desktop because my laptop (for some strange reason) kept getting overridden by my desktop, or rather my desktop refused to acquiesce to the changes I made on my laptop. I suspect it had something to do with one computer having two accounts with Logos on them (one for Beta testing). I hope this all makes sense Tongue Tied.

This bit of insight may or may not help you; try fixing your preferred Bible on the other machine.

EDIT: Setting a "preferred" Bible just puts that Bible at the top of your priority list.

Posts 26207
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:41 PM

Is NRSV first in your Prioritize list?  Does the order change in the list when you see the change of Preferred on the Home page ?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:49 PM

Hi Kevin:

I wish it were that simple, with me accidently leaving one system on AMP while the other were on NRSV, but it is not that simple.

Both my desktop and laptop are set to NRSV as preferred Bible, and I now intentionally ensure they are both set the same; they can both stay this way overnight then sometime during the next day while I am away, one, then the other will mysteriously swich to AMP as the preferred.  I can only assume that the Logos server somehow is "stuck" thinking the AMP should be the preferred (for no reason known to me) and insists on syncing both computers to this.  Given I have never had AMP as my own selected preferred version then I was wondering if the server was somehow picking this preference per alphabetic sequence (within my prioritized Bible resources) rather than getting it directly from either of my systems.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:53 PM

Hi Dave:

NRSV is number one on my Prioritize list on both systems with AMP as number two on both systems.  When AMP apparently self selects to become my preferred Bible over NRSV the sequence in the Preferred list on the home page changes.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 3:54 PM

David J. Wilson:

I wish it were that simple, with me accidently leaving one system on AMP while the other were on NRSV, but it is not that simple.

Both my desktop and laptop are set to NRSV as preferred Bible, and I now intentionally ensure they are both set the same; they can both stay this way overnight then sometime during the next day while I am away, one, then the other will mysteriously swich to AMP as the preferred.  I can only assume that the Logos server somehow is "stuck" thinking the AMP should be the preferred (for no reason known to me) and insists on syncing both computers to this.  Given I have never had AMP as my own selected preferred version then I was wondering if the server was somehow picking this preference per alphabetic sequence (within my prioritized Bible resources) rather than getting it directly from either of my systems.

Bummer. Then I recommend turning on logging (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ) and try to catch Logos doing this and upload a log file to the forum. Perhaps one of the industrious developers can figure out what's happening.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 4:03 PM

Currently logging, waiting for a recurrence.........

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:20 PM

Well it was stable all yesterday and through this morning.  Then the system had to restart to accomodate a Microsoft Windows update and when I restarted Logos 4 it had reverted to AMP as preferred.  I switched it back to NRSV and it later wanted to go back again to AMP.  Log files attached, although these contain a lot of traffic following the restart this evening.

5315.Logos4 2010Jan22.log

Posts 26207
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 6:26 PM

David J. Wilson:
Well it was stable all yesterday and through this morning.  Then the system had to restart to accomodate a Microsoft Windows update and when I restarted Logos 4 it had reverted to AMP as preferred. 

There's a lot of activity for the AMP and one innocuous reference each for NRSV and ESV!

It appears you have a panel for AMP and were moving around the bible. There are some uploads of Resource Priority, presumably where you reverted to NRSV, but then L4 itself does an UPDATE of resource priority and some UPDATE FAILED. How it all relates can better be decided by Logos, but I didn't get any UPDATE activity after I made a change to Priority list (you've got nearly the same number of Prioritised items as myself!).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 7:35 AM

Thanks for taking a look Dave:  certainly is a bit mysterious!!  Not a major issue given it has a relatively easy work around to just clisk back to your intended preferred Bible, but is does seem that some change in a recent update is making it avoid updating its record of which Bible should be first in my list.

Stable again overnight so will have to see what develops today.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 1:53 PM

This issue should be resolved as described here - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7138/102697.aspx#102697

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 1:59 PM

Scott Alexander:

This issue has been resolved as described here - http://community.logos.com/members/5162/default.aspx

I think he means here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7138/102697.aspx#102697

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS