Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 96 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2015 10:58 AM

Mark Groen:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-releases-project-islandwood-guide,30678.html

Islandwood should make this relatively easy.

If games like Candy Crush can be ported over using this tool I would think it would be possible for nearly any application.

Thank you for that information. Time to try this tools with Logos iOS app. I am really anxious to hear the results.

Bohuslav

Posts 1
Ken Weatherl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2015 3:52 PM

I for one would love to see this come true. I was a windows mobile fan and Pocket PC before that but when Logos came out with the IOS app I made the transition to IOS and love the app for reading my books. I so badly want to replace my Ipad and computer with the Surface pro 4 or Surface book but really need the app for reading to make this transition possible. Logos 6 is great for powerful studies but rather awful to try to just read a book on. Logos on IOS is great for reading books on but not for powerful study.

Posts 3
Millie Gagliano | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2016 5:51 AM

This is so cool. I can't wait and I hope that this becomes a reality soon for WINDOWS PHONE USERS. So thank you. I shared the link on social media.

Posts 7
Bruce C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 23 2017 9:04 PM

The idea of a Logos Windows Phone App has been out there for over 2 years now, and nothing has moved. It's obvious that the the folks at Logos and Faithlife have determined that the potential customer base doesn't justify its development. That's too bad. I really like the Windows Phone, but there's virtually nothing available for Bible study tools. As things stand currently, the best option for Windows Phone users is to use the Edge browser, and get on-line access to their Logos resources at biblia.com. At least, when you have internet connectivity you will also have access to some Bible study tools.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 23 2017 11:26 PM

I've got my bid in, but I don't think it's gonna happen...

https://betanews.com/2016/07/29/windows-10-mobile-is-officially-dead/

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1103
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 2:52 AM

Yeah, I just saw this:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/26/technology/bill-gates-android-phone/index.html 

Bill Gates now uses an Android phone.

The billionaire Microsoft (MSFTTech30) founder told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace he recently switched to a mobile device that runs Google's Android software.

The company officially killed off its Windows Phone line and software in July, due largely to dwindling consumer interest and a lackluster app store. In the first quarter of 2017, Windows Phones' market share was 0.1%, according to a May report from market intelligence firm IDC.

I guess a Win App would still be useful for tablets, but mine sorta died so I bought a new laptop instead.... cancelling my bid.

Posts 1
Miroslav Balint-Feudvarski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 2:14 AM

Just make it happen!

You didn't ask anybody to support iPad or Android app.

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 2:49 AM

Is there any need for a dedicated Universal Windows App now that app.logos.com exists and is being developed?

Posts 304
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:25 AM

I think the need is to support touch more and to be able to use Logos much better without a keyboard. Seeing where things are going, I don't believe we need another app for that, but rather have that built into the normal Windows program.

I know there are some Windows tablets that might have trouble to run the full version at a good speed, but that should continue to get better. I personally do not understand, why so many of those tablets are sold with very little storage space (some even come with only 32 GB!). Those, of course, would depend on Logos adding support to select which books to download.

Both of these (better touch support and selective downloading) are probably among the most requested things on this forum. The web app helps with the storage problem, but only as long as one has an internet connection.

Posts 255
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 8:26 AM

Logos would be best serving everyone (including themselves) by migrating the mobile apps and web app to a progressive web app, which serves both needs well and then they only have to focus on a single app that will be usable on all the major platforms, including Windows 10.

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:14 AM

Miroslav Balint-Feudvarski:

Just make it happen!

You didn't ask anybody to support iPad or Android app.

October 2017, it was revealed that Microsoft had discontinued active development of Windows 10 Mobile due to its low market share and the lack of third-party development for the platform, and that the operating system will only receive patches and maintenance releases going forward.

With Microsoft all but calling it dead you might as well ask for Faithlife to make a Blackberry version. Creation of an app for a virtually unsupported platform makes little sense. 

-dan

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:17 AM

danwdoo:
migrating the mobile apps and web app to a progressive web app

You may be right here, but I hope not, as many of us need a non-web dependant option due to poor connectivity. 

-dan

Posts 149
Bob Schaefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:20 AM

A properly developed UWP app could support both Windows tablets (the primary market), phones (not so relevant anymore, due to developers like Faithlife treating the platform like a redheaded stepchild), and as an alternative on laptops and desktops to the full Logos application.

The unfortunate demise of Windows Phone does not make the request for a touch-friendly, storage-friendly Windows solution unreasonable.

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:30 AM

Bob Schaefer:
The unfortunate demise of Windows Phone does not make the request for a touch-friendly, storage-friendly Windows solution unreasonable.

Sorry for my ignorance in its importance for Touch compatibility for  the full version, I had assumed wrongly this was aimed mostly at phone and previously RT version of the Surface.

-dan

Posts 255
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 30 2017 9:42 PM

Don't be fooled by the name. Progressive web apps can actually offer great offline functionality and run across multiple platforms. They have great potential moving forward.

Posts 17961
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 10:44 AM

danwdoo:

Progressive web apps can actually offer great offline functionality and run across multiple platforms. They have great potential moving forward.

Wikipedia has => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_web_app and Google development has => https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/

Concur with potential; suspect Faithlife developers are already familiar with Google development.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Greg Forquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 4 2018 8:14 AM

I agree...a UWP with at least the same functionality as the iOS and Android apps would be a huge benefit to those of us that need to use Logos during church services and Sunday School, from a participant's perspective in both scenarios.  It is annoying to have to use my tablet for taking notes, and my phone for looking up verses.  I have tried having the web version of Logos open on my tablet, but it is not quick enough to look up verses being referenced, and is less than idea for lookups and searches of words, verses, etc.

Page 5 of 5 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS