LLR (feedback)

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:25 AM

New Update to LLR is available    (ver 1.2.2.0) 

See the release notes to view these changes.

Summary of changes

• Logos/Verbum version 6.9 had a slight change to the registry.
    This caused the Save DB action to show an error msg Invalid Catalog Info file!
    and not save the DB to LLR's database.
    This has been fixed in LLR version 1.2.2.0

Link to LLR's website where you can download the program.

if you find a problem with LLR, please email me: admin [AT] clark-tx [DOT] net    
  Also please attach the LogFile (Documents\Logos Lib Webpage\LogosLibReporter_Logfile.txt) to your email.

Thanks ELS for notifying me about the problem!!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2016 8:24 AM

bump, to let others know that a Fix has been released for Logos/Verbum 6.9 changes.

Posts 2703
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2016 4:47 AM

I just wanted to offer a "High Five" to Steve for this great tool. I use it weekly now, to keep a record of the state of my library. Here's why:

Today in Logos/Verbum there is no indication when resources are removed from your library - a license revoked, for example. Now, this never used to be an issue, for me at least; if I requested a refund on a resource for example, I knew that resource would be removed on restart. But now, with the Logos Now subscriptions, the monthly resources that are so generously offered to us monthly will go away later - and you really don't have any indication of it, like you did when the resource was added.

So I make a database copy using LLR weekly. Then, if I see something odd with my resource count, I can run a new DB copy right then and there, and by comparing to "last week's" database copy, and using one of the reports that shows resource(s) discrepancies between the two database copies, I see instantly what has been removed. I also tag any incoming free subscription resources as "Logos Now", so as part of the report I see the tag of the resource removed, "Logos Now", and I not only know exactly what resource(s) have been removed, but whether it was a free subscription resource or a possible license mistake.

Very nice job Steve. Thanks for sharing this tool with us! 

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2016 9:28 AM

Don Awalt:
I just wanted to offer a "High Five" to Steve for this great tool.

Hi Don,

It is a joy for me to see you finding the program useful!
Thanks for sharing how it can be used to monitor Logos Now books.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.