Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9310

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Richard Forinash | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:41 AM

Here's The Issue-  Summary Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9310 includes changes that improve performance and enhance compatibility.  This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9310
Conflicting Applications To continue the installation, quit the following applications:
Parallels Virtual Machine

I've already tried

Apple, Force Quit but then I loose

Parallels completely.  Any other ideas

or suggestions of what I might try?

Or I may have to just drop in for a few

minutes. Thanks much &

Bye For Now     

Richard Forinash

5642 Geer St.

Los Angeles, CA. 90016

Cell (323) 351-5564

E-mail richardforinash@earthlink.net

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:18 AM

Richard, if you are having trouble with Parallels I think you will find better support from the makers of their software then on the Logos forum.

Good luck.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10837
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:22 AM

Richard Forinash:
Here's The Issue-  Summary Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9310 includes changes that improve performance and enhance compatibility.  This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac Build 9310

I just clicked "Check Now" and got an error message that Parallels could not connect with the update site. Perhaps the fault was not on your end. You may already know this, but for safety's sake, I will remind you. Always make a backup copy before updating Parallels.

Like Joe said, check the Parallels forums. Parallels has had serious problems with upgrades in the past. The transition from Parallels 3 to 4 was a disaster that drove me to Fusion for a couple of years.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS