Logos March Madness 2015: Let's Keep It Honest

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 160
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:21 PM

Logos March Madness is one of our favorite promotions. On top of that, your votes decide who’s going to win—and get the biggest discount.

As we all know, Logos users are geniuses. And some of those geniuses have found ways to vote multiple times. We’re now manually going through and deleting high-volume votes coming from the same IP addresses.

We noticed this happening toward the end of the Wright vs Piper matchup. Please adhere to the rules via the honesty policy and only vote once per match-up as detailed out here: http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/2015/sale-details-2015/

While we appreciate your resourcefulness, let’s keep Logos March Madness fun—and fair!

Thanks everyone

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:27 PM

Sad

It's a shame you have to be telling this to Christians 

Posts 1894
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:33 PM

Will the Supreme Court get involved and look for hanging chads?  I hope not.

It never even occured to me to vote more than once.  

I agree with DAL said.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:38 PM

Will this extra sorting out the results mean a delay in seeing the specials?

Posts 1441
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:46 PM

DAL:

Sad

It's a shame you have to be telling this to Christians 

Couldn't agree more.  Really sad.  Glad you caught it Kaleb!

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 5:51 PM

As much as I want piper to stay in it,  hate to see cheating. Hope you get it all sorted out.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2032
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 7:43 PM

I wish voting was based on one's account.  You must be logged in to vote, and once you vote, that's it.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 55
Anne H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 4:00 AM

Joseph Turner:

I wish voting was based on one's account.  You must be logged in to vote, and once you vote, that's it.

Exactly. If the site does not stop multiple votes from the same computer or account it is possible that people think that it is ok.  There are many new customers here who wouldn't necessarily know the rules.  If you click "vote" and you get the check boxes you would probably vote; not knowing Division ending dates and such. 

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 4:17 AM

Joseph Turner:

Me too, but I think part of the attraction is that you can invite friends who might not have heard about Logos to vote.  I have encouraged my friends to vote Bonhoeffer over Moo.  Think I might just give up now, though...:

Posts 146
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 5:37 AM

I want to know whether it was the Calvinists caught cheating, or the Anglicans!!!!!!

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 5:49 AM

Sam Henderson:

I want to know whether it was the Calvinists caught cheating, or the Anglicans!!!!!!

Was it pre-destined or not?? :)

Posts 1578
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 6:02 AM

Didn't this happen in years past? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1700
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 6:05 AM

Kaleb, I could not tell if I really voted or not so I tried both my computer at work and my computer at home.  Some races didnt even seem like I was even permitted to vote and it was the correct week too.  It can be pretty confusing (especially for us baseball only fans).  Thanks for running this contest and being willing to discount the winners though.

Respectfully,
Joshua In Rhode Island

p.s. I hope everyone goes over and votes for the Universal Windows Application too....long overdue.
https://www.logos.com/product/50060/windows-universal-bible-app?utm_source=blog.logos.com&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=helpbringthelogosapp&utm_campaign=mobileapps2015

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 6:42 AM

Thank you for reminding us.  That was wrong. Sad 

Thanks for keeping us on a straight path.   

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 7:01 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:
We’re now manually going through and deleting high-volume votes coming from the same IP addresses.

Thank you!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1505
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 7:19 AM

Joseph Turner:

I like this idea. However, I didn't vote at all last round. I'm still boycotting the author vs author format! :)

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 8:46 AM

Is it possible that multiple votes are due to the site not working properly. I mean, I tried to vote several times and it would either not present the check box properly, or would not allow me to vote, then I would click a box and it appeared as if the vote did not take so I kept trying. I finally gave up. It seems there has been many problems with MM this year.  Seems like there have been many web site problems in the past six month. I hope things get ironed out for everyone.

Posts 160
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 8:55 AM

Michael McLane:

Is it possible that multiple votes are due to the site not working properly. I mean, I tried to vote several times and it would either not present the check box properly, or would not allow me to vote, then I would click a box and it appeared as if the vote did not take so I kept trying. I finally gave up. It seems there has been many problems with MM this year.  Seems like there have been many web site problems in the past six month. I hope things get ironed out for everyone.

It is a possibility that could be it, but this seemed very intentional in that one of the losing authors received 80+ votes in less than 15 minutes from the same IP address.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 10:04 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:
It is a possibility that could be it, but this seemed very intentional in that one of the losing authors received 80+ votes in less than 15 minutes from the same IP address.

Well, that is too bad. I see your point.

Posts 1061
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 10:19 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

That does seem likely to be more than someone having problems with the voting mechanism.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS