Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 35
Wallace Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 9:06 PM

It is one thing to buy translations for the group, but for 12 users to buy 6 translations is ridiculous. How can the YouVersion Bible app provide all the translations for everyone for free?

Posts 3
David Allred | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 5:14 AM

I agree with you Richard... while I was inconvenienced during sermon prep this week, I have to say I've been a very happy customer these last two years. I switched to Proclaim from Media Shout and haven't looked back.

I hope this is something they can fix.

Posts 18
Jason Maas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 6:16 AM

Wow, that's a really poor way to handle this situation which is a major regression for some of your users.  No advance warning?  No blog article?  No apology??  Not even a pop-up message in the corner of the app?

Put yourself in the shoes of your paying customers, just for a moment.  Imagine what this feels like to them.  Do you think they're thankful for this totally unannounced "bug fix" that they weren't asking for?

Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't have made the change, I'm just pointing out that it could have been handled in a much more loving and caring way.

Jason

Spencer McKimson:

It was a long standing bug that certain bibles were available for use in Proclaim that should have required a purchase to obtain. This bug has been fixed, so now only the Public Domain bible translations are available. If you would like to use the other translations, they must be purchased.

Posts 3
Alexander Strickland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 1:10 PM

This especially is true.  I love proclaim, but it doesn't make sense to have a cloud service if you can't really share the full program with each user.,

Posts 20
Timothy Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 3:04 PM

Are you telling me that we have to buy for each individual person? Why is it not just for the account. It is a cloud app, therefore it does not need to be downloaded to an individuals system. Someone at Proclaim better get an email out to all the Admins explaining what is going on.

Posts 2
Jon Moyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 5:10 PM

Yeah, I thought those were part of the annual fee for Proclaim. The ease of plugging in bible verses was one of the main reasons for going with Proclaim over other programs. We just bought our license last week wish we would have known. Hope you guys unfix this.

Posts 1
Joel Leipprandt Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 5:34 PM

A work around for buying bibles for every member of the group is to buy the bibles for one account then have everyone in the group use that account when working in proclaim.

Posts 20
Timothy Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 6:01 PM

Thank you for the workaround. Still miffed about this whole thing

Posts 1
Rich Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 6:04 PM

I understand bugs happen, but not informing us of this bug or the fix is unacceptable.  I had no idea being able to use those Bibles was a bug.  I have been using Proclaim for months now and I thought it was just part of the subscription.  As I am preparing the presentation for Worship tomorrow I have spent half an hour trying to figure out where the Bibles went.  We should have been informed of this issue and how the bug fix would affect us.  

Posts 20
Timothy Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 6:29 PM

in Proclaim,  you go to input the Bible verse, click on the link to look for it online. You can then cut and paste it into the text area of the Bible verse.

Posts 9
Wayne Rugenstein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 6:42 PM

What a surprise, definitely doubled my prep time for tomorrows sermon.  I'm not authorized to make purchases, so this bug fix has been really inconvenient with zero notice.

Posts 1
Kenton Ayers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 7:33 PM

We literally just purchased Proclaim this week after extensive testing of the program and recommending the church pay for the license, in addition to our Media Shout program we were using. This is a major set back in my opinion and I certainly would not have pushed so hard for a software program that did not include the commonly used versions of today. We use NIV extensively. Now I have to decide if I want to cancel our year long paid subscription and go back to Media Shout, pay for new versions of Bibles for Proclaim (which are included in Media Shout) or start the research process over again for a new program to replace Media Shout. Very disappointing considering I've used Logos for years and have always been happy and impressed. Even recommended Proclaim to our sister church, wish I hadn't now.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 7:55 PM

All, I'm really sorry for the disruption this is causing. It was never our intention to mislead anyone to believe they were purchasing access to these Bibles with an on air subscription. After some research it looks like this regression was introduced in early 2014. This was a big surprise to me, we should have caught it much sooner. 

Licensing Bibles to a group is uncharted territory for Proclaim. I'll be looking into this next week to see what our options are.

Thanks for your patience.

Posts 3
Ian Patrick Carrico | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 8:00 PM

Let it be known--thank you Scott for looking into this! I (and the church I serve) greatly appreciate it.

Scott Alexander (Logos):

All, I'm really sorry for the disruption this is causing. It was never our intention to mislead anyone to believe they were purchasing access to these Bibles with an on air subscription. After some research it looks like this regression was introduced in early 2014. This was a big surprise to me, we should have caught it much sooner. 

Licensing Bibles to a group is uncharted territory for Proclaim. I'll be looking into this next week to see what our options are.

Posts 20
Timothy Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 14 2015 8:02 PM

Thank you for the quick response. This says a lot to your customer support. Thank you and God bless. 

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:11 AM

Scott Alexander (Logos):

Scott

I am sure you are on to it but may I suggest that quotations from bibles contained within presentations in 'On Screen Bible' or 'Bible' segments would be considered reasonable use.

Even making one owners bible available to others in the group to use to 'quote from' in service appropriate segments would not be considered unreasonable. 

Posts 11
John Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 5:47 AM

This is a GIANT fail on the part of Proclaim.  GIANT.  No notification and now we have to pay more for a rather pricey program.  Not pleased.

Posts 2
John Carney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 7:39 AM

This is really disappointing as a user of proclaim since beta all the bible versions were included. There was a point over a year ago a NIV version was removed and nothing was ever said then about this supposed "bug". To suddenly remove them with no notice at all is very sad.  As a user from beta i was always under the impression all the versions were included in the cost, had i known it would have possibly effected my choice in software.  I will be watching to see how this is handled.

Fustrated

John Carney

Posts 2
Paul Dubbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:42 PM

Never heard of a company pulling this stunt. Ruined my service this morning and now you want $10. nope. There's no fee for standard Bibles with other software.

Thanks for the headsup. Would've like to have known before today.

Posts 2
Paul Dubbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:43 PM

I used this program for 8 years and never had this issue http://www.songshowplus.com/Index. I've used yours for 5 weeks.

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS