Can we search for tagged entries within a specific clippings document?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 15 2015 10:30 AM

I am working on an exegetical research paper. I gathered "lots" of research material from my Logos library (Thank you, Logos!!!). Now that I am about to start writing I need to search for the appropriate sections (I "tagged" each quote/reference with 1 or more tags). Is there a way to search the tags within my clippings document that will take me to the tagged quote? When I do a search it only pulls up the clippings document but I am having to scroll back and forth as I am looking for the relevant quote I need at the moment. But I can do that without searching :-) Can someone help me with what I am missing?

Thanks!

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:56 PM

Find (Ctrl+F) is the only way to search within a document but it only isolates the location to the relevant clipping(s).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19177
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 15 2015 3:09 PM

I believe Dave's suggestion will be sufficient for what you were trying to do, but if you need more precise searching within a clippings document, to find text within clippings another method would be to export the clippings document to Word. This exports the tags as well, so you could search for tags in Word, but you could also search for any text, and it would take you right to the place within a clipping that included that text. Logos can't (currently) do it that precisely. It can only filter your Clippings document to show you which of the many clippings match some text you're searching for.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS