Discount pricing -vs- Academic pricing

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:00 PM

I know that the Introductory discounts end January 31st  What I need to know is how those introductory discounts compare to academic pricing.

My oldest daughter has applied to Moody Bible Institute and we're waiting on an acceptance letter.  I believe that some Moody classes are using Logos so .... I'm hoping to get her whatever package I need to get her and I don't know if I can reasonably do so before Jan 31... Unless the discounts are nearly the same and I can wait and save up for it.

Thanks in advance

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:08 PM

Thomas, I just bought the Scholar's Package for our youngest Smile daughter yesterday. She is studying at Vanguard College. The academic discount is better than the intro discount. (if I am correct it is 30%) Of course you are not able to use both.

Bohuslav

Posts 196
Dan Pogue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:29 PM

that is interesting I was told that I would only recieve a 5% discount over what was being offered...since I had just finished my last class, I didnt want to take advantage of this discount....call Logos and ask for the academic sales.

blessings,

danp

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:40 PM

It must vary. I qualify for an academic discount and purchasing using my customized intro discount was actually cheaper than the academic price. But I also know two guys who saved money using the academic deal. 

It also depends on whether your school requires a Logos base package. If your school requires a Logos package, you get 50% off. If not I think it is 30%. As it sounds like Moody doesn't require it, it'll probably be the 30% and you'll be fine to wait.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 1:43 PM

Dan Pogue:
I was told that I would only recieve a 5% discount over what was being offered...

Yes, that looks correct. The intro discount is 25% and if academic is 30% than you gain by using it 5% over the intro discount.

Bohuslav

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:33 PM

Jacob Hantla:
It also depends on whether your school requires a Logos base package. If your school requires a Logos package, you get 50% off.

My seminary does require it and I get the 50% discount. That's the only reason I could upgrade to Platinum.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:25 AM

Wow thanks guys.  Unfortunately we're still waiting for that acceptance letter. 

I'm eager but antsy, but my daughter is just about getting ulcers from waiting (hyperbole).

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:55 AM

Gary O'Neal:
My seminary does require it and I get the 50% discount

WOW... time to go back to school!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:03 AM

Jeremiah Daniel Morris:
Gary O'Neal:
My seminary does require it and I get the 50% discount
WOW... time to go back to school!

Does the Academic Discount apply to all titles sold on the Logos.com website or only the base packages? If it is applied to any & all resources I'd like to go to seminary! Big Smile

Also, It would be cool if Logos kept an updated running list of all schools they know of who require or use Logos software as part of the curriculum.

(wishful thinking: Ahh, someday Logos will have an online seminary......)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:06 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Does the Academic Discount apply to all titles sold on the Logos.com website or only the base packages? If it is applied to any resources I'd like to go to seminary! Big Smile

Also, It would be cool if Logos kept an updated running list of all schools they know of who require or use Logos software as part of the curriculum.

When I was in seminary it varied (I graduated last May). The base packages were discounted but there were some products that weren't. However, many titles were discounted below the regular sale price.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:13 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Does the Academic Discount apply to all titles sold on the Logos.com website or only the base packages? If it is applied to any & all resources I'd like to go to seminary!

I'm probably not the best one to answer this since I've just started using Logos. From talking to other students, the base packages and other resources required for classes are 50% discounted. Other resources are discounted but I'm not sure how much.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 10:21 AM

Well she got the letter, she's been Accepted at Moody Bible in Spokane WA.  Any Spokane people here?  I think it's about 300 miles to Bellingham, a bit too long for her to get a job at Logos.  :-)

Oh, and Bohuslav is correct - the academic discount for her is near 30%

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 11:16 AM

Thomas Black:
Well she got the letter, she's been Accepted at Moody Bible in Spokane WA.

Give her hearty congratualations form the Logos Forum crowd!!

Posts 3730
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:40 PM

Hi Tom,

I'm under 5 miles from Coeur D'Alene, ID, which is less than 12 miles from Spokane...

Yes, Spokane is about 360 miles from Bellingham...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3730
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 1:43 PM

David Shaw:
Give her hearty congratualations form the Logos Forum crowd!!

MusicGiftCakeDrinksYes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 8:02 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Does the Academic Discount apply to all titles sold on the Logos.com website or only the base packages? If it is applied to any & all resources I'd like to go to seminary! Big Smile

(wishful thinking: Ahh, someday Logos will have an online seminary......)

I am currently in seminary, RTS Jackson, the academic discount applies to all Logos resources.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 8:27 PM

Thomas Black:

Well she got the letter, she's been Accepted at Moody Bible in Spokane WA. 

Congratulations to her! And just in time, too, so you won't have to spring for the 25% discount for her when now she can get 30% off as a theological student.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2010 8:41 PM

I spoke to the Academic Sales Department today because I wanted to ensure that I would get the greatest savings if I were to move up to Portfolio (just upgraded to Platinum a month and a half ago), but was afraid of losing out on the greatest discount.

The representative, Brian, said the Academic discount will increase February 1 when the "regular" price increases for everyone else.  However, because the Academic Sales Department is closed at 5:00 PM (PST) on Friday...these deeper discounts ended today, not on February 1.

Best to you all...Michael

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 3:24 AM

Michael G. Halpern:
The representative, Brian, said the Academic discount will increase February 1 when the "regular" price increases for everyone else.  However, because the Academic Sales Department is closed at 5:00 PM (PST) on Friday...these deeper discounts ended today, not on February 1.

Hmm.  I missed that bit of information on the phone.  Indifferent

However I must clarify your wording for my own benefit.  :-)

If you meant that the discount increases that would mean it will be cheaper for me later.

If you meant that the price increases that would mean it will be more expensive for me later.

Pardon my thickheadedness at 5am but are you sure you meant what you typed?

Posts 1537
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 5:34 AM

Thomas Black:

I know that the Introductory discounts end January 31st  What I need to know is how those introductory discounts compare to academic pricing.

My oldest daughter has applied to Moody Bible Institute and we're waiting on an acceptance letter.  I believe that some Moody classes are using Logos so .... I'm hoping to get her whatever package I need to get her and I don't know if I can reasonably do so before Jan 31... Unless the discounts are nearly the same and I can wait and save up for it.

Thanks in advance

I called sales Wednesday. What Phil from academic sales told me was the price for my portfolio upgrade was going to increase by $300.00. Basically what he told me was people that purchase through academic  are also being able to apply their introductory discount on top of their school discount. So we are being allowed two discounts.. Rare but beneficial. If you can move money around to upgrade, according to them  you'd be saving more right now. $300.00 was a big dicount to me so I made the leap. 

Blessings in your decision

Btw Someone had said that the academic mixed with introductory pricing is closed. You still might be able to make the discounts retro active

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS