Liturgical Press Interfaces Collection: James of Jerusalem, Saul, Jezebel, Pontius Pilate

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29410
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 19 2015 12:05 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/50385/liturgical-press-interfaces-collection

This fantastic collection is now available in prepublication. You need it even though you likely have never heard of it. The editor is Sr. Barbara Green who is known at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley as an extremely good teacher and scholar. She wears her Catholicism lightly (her sister is Jewish) in the sense that these books would be acceptable in almost all denominations - the emphasis is on Bible interpretation. What makes these so special is that they show how to pull a great deal of information out of short passages, confirming it by other passages. Different volumes emphasize different methods - but they are all firmly founded in Scripture. But best of all they are intended to be useable in a freshman college Bible class so they are usable in a wide range of situations. My big problem is ... will I be willing to give up my paper copies? Well, maybe I'll lend them to my  ELCA pastor daughter-in-law.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 2:03 AM

Ordered on the strength of this recommendation... Hope you were successful in your whale hunt Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 4944
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 8:26 AM

Pre-ordered.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 9:31 AM

Indeed.  I am in!

YesYes

Posts 11081
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 10:27 AM

Fastastic indeed!  Logos needs more collections like this.  Signed up.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 138
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 19 2015 4:10 PM

Looks very interesting!  Thanks for pointing it out.  Just placed my Pre-Pub order.

Posts 29410
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:35 PM

Bumping for those who may have missed this.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 138
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 5:34 PM

This 15-volume set has now been removed as part of the Pre-Pub refinement / reduction process that happened a couple of days ago.  I believe the Liturgical Press 5 volume Connections Collection has also been removed from the Pre-Pub program.

Posts 29410
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2016 6:44 PM

Time to switch my purchases back to the paper copies ... luckily I have nearly all the the Interfaces series. But I fear that the Faithlife marketing strategy depends upon people already being familiar with the paper version.

Posts 3792
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2016 8:49 PM

MJ. Smith:
But I fear that the Faithlife marketing strategy depends upon people already being familiar with the paper version.

This is true for many books and collections, sadly.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS