Crash: soon after startup

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 20 2015 3:15 PM

Description

Recently Logos has started crashing sometimes as soon as 10s or so after startup and sometimes up to a couple minutes later. 

Steps to reproduce

1. Load Logos
  2. wait 0-5 min

Actual Result
Logos crashed
Expected Result
Instead of crashing I expected Logos to not crash Wink

System Specs
Desktop | Core i7 4790K (4.0GHz) | 16 GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB RAM | 128GB SSD (C:) | 500GB SSD (D:) | Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit

7242.Logos Log Files.zip

Comments

A lot of times it happens when I go into the docs menu, but it can happen immediately upon startup and after just sitting there for a couple min with no interaction (or some interaction, it doesnt matter).

I've tried deleting D:\Logos\Data\q1uq0cm2.lx0 and that didnt help. Any suggestions besides uninstall and reinstall?

Posts 27811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 4:51 PM

Joshua Coady:
Recently Logos has started crashing sometimes as soon as 10s or so after startup and sometimes up to a couple minutes later

Please enable and post logs, and edit and delete the log material you have pasted in. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 5:32 PM

Updated. Thanks for the help.

Is there maybe some temp file dirs I can try deleting or a way to have it reset the index? Seems like the indexer is what is crashing.

Posts 27811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 5:57 PM

My tech cred is hit or miss. I think this time it is miss. Tongue Tied

I noticed the line: "2015-03-20 15:09:10.7772 1 Error OurApp Unhandled exception: System.TypeInitializationException:" which is probably related to the crash. Sometimes the logs make it clear that a database file has become corrupted. Those ones are easy to assess... I don't see that this time, however. 

I see in your screen shot that you aren't in a layout. Did you have one loaded? Have you tried loading to a blank layout and seeing if it crashes?

Joshua Coady:
I've tried deleting D:\Logos\Data\q1uq0cm2.lx0 and that didnt help.

Why did you delete that? Did you see something in the logs? Read something in another thread?

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 6:09 PM

Is there a shortcut or trick to startup in a blank layout?

It was a shot in the dark. The crash error is System.IO.IOException: The file exists. and from the stack trace you can kinda follow what it is doing:

Libronix.DigitalLibrary.LibraryCatalogIndex.DoBuildIndex

calls Libronix.SearchEngine.Indexer..ctor

calls Libronix.SearchEngine.DocumentMetadataManager..ctor

calls System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName which generates the error

so  quick guess is the library indexer's meta data manager needs a temp file for something but .net framework is complaining about it for some reason.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 6:21 PM

That gave me an idea ... I ran the Disk Cleanup utility and cleared all temp files from the C: drive and it is not crashing so far -- at least I am getting farther into using it than I have been able to over the past couple days.

Posts 27811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2015 6:30 PM

Joshua Coady:
Is there a shortcut or trick to startup in a blank layout?

Press and hold control (command on Mac) immediately upon startup.

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2015 5:56 AM

Joshua Coady:

That gave me an idea ... I ran the Disk Cleanup utility and cleared all temp files from the C: drive and it is not crashing so far -- at least I am getting farther into using it than I have been able to over the past couple days.

That's a very good guess as the exception is thrown when there are more than 65535 temp files in the %TEMP% folder!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS