New Moody Atlas of the Bible by Barry Beitzel

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29
Kirk E. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 23 2015 7:26 PM

I'd like to recommend Logos add Barry Beitzel's New Moody Atlas of the Bible. It's probably the top Bible atlas available today.

Posts 3741
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 8:24 PM

Probably not in LOGOS, maybe using Vyrso. Though I would prefer the former.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 29
Kirk E. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 8:31 PM

Hmm, why's that? (Curious)

Posts 9432
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 8:38 PM

Kirk E. Miller:
I'd like to recommend Logos add Barry Beitzel's New Moody Atlas of the Bible. It's probably the top Bible atlas available today.

Kirk, unfortunately Logos and Moody are no longer in partnership. Moody allows Logos to sell Vyrso editions but not Logos editions of their works. This atlas is not something you'd want to have in a Vryso edition. It would not be tagged to make use of all the search and interactive functions that it would have as a Logos resource.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29
Kirk E. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 9:00 PM

I agree.

Well, thanks for that info. I've noticed that lack of Moody published books. That's unfortunate.

Posts 9432
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 6:58 AM

Kirk E. Miller:
Well, thanks for that info. I've noticed that lack of Moody published books. That's unfortunate.

Up until about two years ago Logos and Moody had an agreement, so those of us around back then had the chance to own Moody resources in Logos format. AFAIK Logos will publish them again if they can work out a mutually agreeable arrangement with Moody, so their titles may return.

The New Moody Atlas of the Bible was formerly available in Logos format. I'm fortunate to own it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 11:00 AM

As this conversation will show you https://community.logos.com/forums/p/9542/567998.aspx#567998 Vyrso did actually have the New Moody Atlas of the Bible by Barry Beitzel I am not sure when it got pulled but I do remember some people complaining about the quality of the maps in the Vyrso version. Perhaps if there is any Faithlife Vyrso people lurking they can explain why it got pulled from Vyrso as they still sell many Moody published works.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS