m.Ed course won't stream on Mac anymore ?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Brad Gault | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 28 2015 11:31 AM

Is anyone else having difficulty streaming their mobile ed course on a mac? Sometime last week it quit working for me. I just get a black screen with the title of the specific segment I'm trying to stream. It happens on two different Mac' that I have (iMac and Airbook) ... on the same network with a Windows 7 system, the same course stream perfectly (so not a network issue, etc.).

They also will not stream on my iPad which also started happening last week. There the window opens and when I press play it just goes away? (crashes?)

Very strange that this is only occurring on my Apple devices but works perfectly in windows?

The course is NT331.

Help !

Posts 17
GABRIEL VELAZQUEZ GUERRERO | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 28 2015 4:26 PM

I have the same  with all the courses , can you help me. I have a mac  and Ipad  , they doesn`t work . What Happened?

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 28 2015 6:34 PM

Same with me. I call tech support and the young lady re-indexed the software, but it did not work. I also updated my video player on my Mac and it still doesn't work. i don know what else to do.

Posts 56
David Achorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 28 2015 10:23 PM

I'm on a Mac as well.  The video from BI201 streams for a few seconds then freezes.  Quite frustrating.  

Posts 17
GABRIEL VELAZQUEZ GUERRERO | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 1:11 PM

Somebody can help, Because I have tree days and my courses does not work in my mac and my Ipad too. I wan to study very soon . Please, 

Posts 22004
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 1:13 PM

GABRIEL VELAZQUEZ GUERRERO:

Somebody can help, Because I have tree days and my courses does not work in my mac and my Ipad too. I wan to study very soon . Please, 

Really needs someone from Faithlife to look at this.

I expect they will when the weekend is over.

Posts 15
Alejandro Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 29 2015 2:50 PM

Same problem for me with NT306. I have to keep restarting. Sometimes it works if I restart often enough. I am trying to "Download all Media" right now to see if it works that way. I am running a Macbook Air (2013, 10.10.3).

Posts 37
Josh Burdick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 7:23 AM

It looks like something may be wrong with the service that provides HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) streaming to Apple computers and most mobile devices. This is a high priority for us to fix and we're working on pin-pointing the problem. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved soon. I'll update this thread as we know more.

Thanks for your patience.

Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 8:13 AM

As a workaround, you can watch the videos on www.biblia.com while we find a resolution. Thanks for letting us know!

Posts 37
Josh Burdick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 3:50 PM

The issue does have to do with the way we stream videos to our Mac desktop and mobile applications. Sometimes closing the resource and reopening it solves the problem. If you've tried this and the video still cuts out on you the best solution is to download the videos to your local hard drive. We're still looking into why this is occurring.

Posts 11
Brad Gault | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 6:34 PM

Very much appreciate you looking into and the fact that it is a priority ... I did try closing the resource and reopening but get the same result ... using biblia.com is a nice work-around so thanks for the tip!

Posts 37
Josh Burdick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 10:58 AM

We've identified the cause of this problem and corrected it by making some changes to how our video hosting servers are configured. You should all notice improved playback functionality on Mobile and Mac platforms without updating or even restarting Logos. Please let us know if you continue to experience these issues.

Also, I'd love to hear if you have ideas as to how we could improve the video player that delivers Mobile Ed content within Logos. You can email me directly at josh.burdick@faithlife.com with your feedback.

Thanks again for your patience and feedback!

Posts 11
Brad Gault | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 6:35 PM

Many thanks. I have tried and all is working as expected again. Much appreciated!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS