Comparing Software

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1645
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 8:30 AM

David A Egolf:

Does Quickverse make your resources available on your mobile devices?

Yes, WordSearch, who now owns Quickverse, does have a mobile app. Since I have not used it in quite some time, I don't know about the highlights.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 10:21 AM

I too started with Quickverse, back before windows. I bought a lot of resources from them and duly upgraded for years. Then I saw Logos and frankly there is no comparison. I kept QV up for several years until I finally just let it go. Sorry, but QV just isn't in the same league with Logos. Some compare it like a chevy to a caddy or a ferrari to a pinto, I think it's more like a 3/4 ton diesel pickup to a little red radio flyer wagon. If you really don't care about how much you want to haul, both will get your stuff moved...

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 11:37 AM

I have both Logos 6 and also WORDSearch which bought the rights to Quickverse from a software company which previously owned it. WORDSearch still offers Quickverse 10, which they updated and greatly improved over previous versions of Quickverse, as well as their own software. I have both Quickverse 10 and WORDSearch installed on my computer. There is very little difference between the two but if your pastor chooses to go with them I would recommend the WORDSearch program rather than QV10 because I get the feeling they may eventually phase out Quickverse and merge the two programs together as one. It appears that the two programs are already somewhat integrated. The books I buy from them are accessible in both programs but I don't need both programs, just one. I would like to uninstall QV10 but am afraid it would remove books I have in the other. I enjoy using both WORDSearch/ Quickverse 10 and Logos. Logos 6 is by far the superior software and offers tons of more resources but WordSearch or QV10 has some great features as well, the common resources are usually less expensive and the program itself less complicated to use than Logos.

Posts 1004
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 12:56 PM

I own a table saw, a band saw, a chain saw and a circular saw. I also have a couple of cheap handsaws - and every now and then I use them.  There's nothing wrong with having more than one tool.  And there's nothing wrong with pulling out a cheap tool when it's convenient and you're comfortable with it.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 6:14 PM

EastTN:

I own a table saw, a band saw, a chain saw and a circular saw. I also have a couple of cheap handsaws - and every now and then I use them.  There's nothing wrong with having more than one tool.  And there's nothing wrong with pulling out a cheap tool when it's convenient and you're comfortable with it.

This Yes

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 8:03 PM

It is a lifelong platform to collect books. Choose your rut carefully. The depth of resources -- sheer number of available books in Logos is incredible. Also, the Bible word study--the ability to see in a couple of clicks, "how is word translated in other places in this translation". Here is an insight for today from 

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. Romans 14:1 (NIV84)  

This is how accept is translated in other places in the NIV2011

As you can see, "accepted" is sometimes translated "ate". Interesting. in the program itself, you click on the words itself you can see the actual verses where these appear. Awesome. 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS