WHY NO JOURNALS YET???

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 31 2015 3:05 PM

Can Logos AND Bob please kindly respond the title question.  It has been quite a while with no communication as to where we are.  I am about to renew my subscription to another source and would like to know soon.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 31 2015 3:51 PM

Might get a quicker answer if you send an email to phil at faithlife dot com.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2015 6:35 AM

Thanks Lynden.  I do continue to email Logos about their communication on the journals.  I know there are many others who are interested as well.  I post here so that they too can get an answer.

Posts 28
LogosEmployee
Liz Licata | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 11:59 AM

Are you asking about a specific journal you would like to order, a pre-pub, or the journals section of the Topic Guide? The answer to your question will be different based on what you really want to know. :)

Posts 18759
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 12:30 PM

I'm guessing he's asking about the Master Journal Bundle.

Everett, if that is the case, probably the reason you haven't seen them yet is that not enough people have ordered them. The pre-pub has not gone over 100% yet. Are you suggesting Faithlife should make it artificially go over the 100% line and begin producing them anyway, even if it wouldn't be a break-even proposition for them for quite a while and possibly never? I can appreciate your desire to have these journals now (or yesterday), and I can't wait for them either. But I also want to see Faithlife stay in business so they can produce more journals and other books into the future.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 1:03 PM

My real question is why there are no journals being made available like the Galaxie TJL for the past few years.  I know that Logos intends to publish them on their own, meanwhile I am paying another $50 for a yearly subscription to Galaxie to get access to current journals.  That's $150 that I have paid now to them instead of Logos.  The Journal Bundles continue to languish and there is no regular communication from Logos about their status. I know that I am not the only one wanting this information; when will Logos fix what in my estimation has become a fiasco.

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 1:42 PM

Rosie Perera:
The pre-pub has not gone over 100% yet. Are you suggesting Faithlife should make it artificially go over the 100% line and begin producing them anyway, even if it wouldn't be a break-even proposition for them for quite a while and possibly never?

Hi Rosie,

Phil Gons has hinted that they might put them into production without being fully funded on a couple of occasions (at no time did he say that it would definitely happen though, only possible):

"We're not necessarily going to wait until they are fully funded to produce them."

And

"There's been a good response to the collections so far; they're just massive and expensive to produce. That said, we'll likely move them into production soon (many are already in production) and not wait until they are fully funded."

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 18759
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 1:49 PM

Thanks, Rick. That January 12 update from Phil seems to be the latest news on this. Perhaps it's more recent than anything Everett had heard before, but I'm guessing it doesn't assuage his frustration that none of the journals in progress has shipped yet. Maybe Phil will see this thread and post another update.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2015 2:08 PM

Assuage it does not.  I am fully up on the postings in the forum.  

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:03 AM

Everett Headley:

Can Logos AND Bob please kindly respond the title question.  It has been quite a while with no communication as to where we are.  I am about to renew my subscription to another source and would like to know soon.

Sorry for the silence. We finally got all source materials in, production costs calculated, and completion dates coordinated. We were just getting ready to set ship dates. It looks very probable that all of the journals will be completed by the end of August or beginning of September.

Look for an official announcement in the next week or two.

We're also going to be posting a new set of journal SKUs for those of you who don't want to wait until they're finished before getting access to the ones that are finished.

So there'll be two options:

1. The current option: You'll pay for and get access to all of them when they're all finished finished and ready to ship at the end of August. (Of course, if you already own a license to some of the journals, you'll get those updates as soon as they're finished.)
  2. The new option: You'll pay for all of them up front and get access to each new journal as soon as we finish it.
Posts 600
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:11 AM

I notice in Logos 6 that in a passage search, nothing populates in the section for Journals. In my library are a number of journals, such as Bib Sac and JETS, but all of them were originally produced by Galaxie. Will these journals ever be tagged to show up in a passage/exegetical search?

When I do search my journal collections, a collection I created myself, then I do get results.

Posts 1568
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:34 AM

Phil Gons:
The new option: You'll pay for all of them up front and get access to each new journal as soon as we finish it

Would this include a payment plan option as well? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1841
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:41 AM

Phil Gons:

1. The current option: You'll pay for and get access to all of them when they're all finished finished and ready to ship at the end of August. (Of course, if you already own a license to some of the journals, you'll get those updates as soon as they're finished.)
  2. The new option: You'll pay for all of them up front and get access to each new journal as soon as we finish it.

DO number 2 !!

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 10:41 AM

John Kight:

Pre-pubs are normally not put on a payment plan. Phil can we make an exception to this rule this time? Master Journal is going to cost me a pretty penny.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 11:02 AM

John Kight:

Contact sales@logos.com or any of the sales force. They put the C S Lewis collection on a plan for me. I will probably request that the Master bundle be added to the plan when it is official.

Posts 9009
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2015 11:33 AM

Phil Gons:

Looking forward to it with excitement. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1187
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 7:04 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Phil Gons:

Looking forward to it with excitement. Yes

Meeeeeee tooooooo Bruce. Been waiting on these for a loooooong time. Hope they release soon. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 7:04 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

So how do we let Faithlife know that we want option #2?

Charlene

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 7:15 AM

Lynden Williams:

John Kight:

Pre-pubs are normally not put on a payment plan. Phil can we make an exception to this rule this time? Master Journal is going to cost me a pretty penny.

I actually put pre-pubs on my plan quite often.  They just have to take a "snapshot" of it on your orders page.  They will then cancel it, and when it comes out, you let them know you are ready to get it.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 11:59 AM

Charlene:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

So how do we let Faithlife know that we want option #2?

Good question. What about it Phil?

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS