Page 2 of 15 (298 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 297 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:15 PM

Rob:
Do these new features become a permanent addition to our base package or do they go away if we stop subscribing?

They go away if you stop subscribing.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:17 PM

Will the price of $8.99 increase overtime as other features are added? If so, will those who took the plunge early be locked into their monthly rate? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:21 PM

John Kight:
Will the price of $8.99 increase overtime as other features are added?

I am fairly sure the price remains at $8.99 and trust Phil will correct me if I am wrong.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1803
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:23 PM

John Kight:

Will the price of $8.99 increase over time as other features are added?

The price could change over time, like any subscription service. However, we chose $8.99 with a view toward the future. I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon. It's generally not wise to change subscription prices very often, and we don't plan to.

John Kight:

If so, will those who took the plunge early be locked into their monthly rate? 

We don't have all the details sorted out yet about grandfathering in. We'll cross that bridge if and when the time comes.

We'd like to offer annual billing eventually, which would be $89.99. This would essentially get you two free months per year and be a way to lock in the lower rate for at least 12 months.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:25 PM

If one subscribes to Logos Now and part of it an early shortcut to features that will be in L7, will any or all of the subscription cost be applied to L7 will it becomes available?

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:27 PM

Will some or part of the subscription fee apply to the full upgrade of the next version of Logos when it is available?

Posts 1803
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:29 PM

Super.Tramp:

Rob:
Do these new features become a permanent addition to our base package or do they go away if we stop subscribing?

They go away if you stop subscribing.

JH:

So, if one stops paying the monthly subscription, these features are removed from our desktop version of Logos (or become deactivated)? Subscriptions can be started and stopped at any time and they all run for a month at a time?

Correct. Anything that requires a license will disappear when the subscription stops. One qualification: Features that are code only and have no content dependencies will eventually be made part of the free core engine. If your subscription stops after that's happened, you'd not lose access to them, since they'd no longer require a license.

Posts 1803
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:34 PM

Mark Johnson:

If one subscribes to Logos Now and part of it an early shortcut to features that will be in L7, will any or all of the subscription cost be applied to L7 will it becomes available?

JH:

Will some or part of the subscription fee apply to the full upgrade of the next version of Logos when it is available?

That's not a part of the current plan, but we reserve the right to change the plan. :)

We plan to offer special deals and discounts to Now subscribers. It's possible that might include future upgrade sales.

It's our desire to keep you happy, so you can be sure we'll do our best to make that happen. :)

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:35 PM

Thank you for addressing my initial question, Phil. I apologize if this is too early in the game, but will the features in Logos Now be available in a future Logos release? (i.e. will the OT prepositional outline feature be available as a base package feature, or exclusively a Logos Now feature?)   

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 10032
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:37 PM

No offense, Phil but the imagery of this is cracking me up.  Like allergy medicine, if you don't keep paying.  Achoo!!!

I can easily see this layering so badly, a renter can't afford to stop .... they loose the whole sequence. Not just the last few neato features.  So, a great feature can really burn through some solid cash.

But I'm sure it'll be good for many.

Posts 1803
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:40 PM

John Kight:

I apologize if this is too early in the game, but will the features in Logos Now be available in a future Logos release? (i.e. will the OT prepositional outline feature be available as a base package feature, or exclusively a Logos Now feature?)   

It's likely that some of what's included in Logos Now will eventually be a part of some future base packages. How much, we're not sure yet. What we are pretty sure of is that some of what's included will not be, especially things that are dynamic and always-growing.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:42 PM

James Taylor:
and with the free trial month, this is a NO BRAINER!

Agreed! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1803
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:43 PM

Denise:
I can easily see this layering so badly, a renter can't afford to stop .... they loose the whole sequence. Not just the last few neato features. So, a great feature can really burn through some solid cash.

It's our hope that we'll be delivering such great value with Logos Now that you'll all carve out $8.99/mo. to subscribe to it indefinitely. We imagine that many will want to continue to buy and own their books, but could be okay to have ongoing subscription access to the content and tools that drive the core functionality of the software.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:44 PM

Has anyone tried the new Logos web app (beta) yet? Can anyone provide details about the functionality it provides (compared to the desktop version)? Maybe some screenshots as well?

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:48 PM

JH:

Has anyone tried the new Logos web app (beta) yet? Can anyone provide details about the functionality it provides (compared to the desktop version)? Maybe some screenshots as well?

The first month is free and you can cancel anytime. Go ahead take it for a test drive. It is still in beta and there are lots of the Desktop tools which will be added in the future. In the desktop version you will get several new tools. See Phils post here:https://community.logos.com/forums/p/103245/713695.aspx#713695 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 1:55 PM

JH:
Has anyone tried the new Logos web app (beta) yet?

It is in beta right now and not much is working. Here's a screen shot:

The arrows point to sections that haven't been developed. We'll have to wait to see those.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 2:00 PM

Phil Gons:
It's our hope that we'll be delivering such great value with Logos Now that you'll all carve out $8.99/mo. to subscribe to it indefinitely.

Is it safe to assume at least one new thing per month? (Primarily referring to features, not just specials sales or web app access)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 2:05 PM

James Taylor:
Is it safe to assume at least one new thing per month?

Thats the idea.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 2:07 PM

Phil Gons:
It’s access to the future of Logos Bible Software, today.

And yet -- there is the promise that updates to the base packages will continue. So -- I'm a little confused. Is a web based app the future of logos, or... ?? If it is, then I'll stop investing now, and start working on building a library elsewhere.

Russ

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 2:10 PM

James Taylor:
Is it safe to assume at least one new thing per month? (Primarily referring to features, not just specials sales or web app access)

We have been told that Faithlife is planning to pursue a six week update cycle. So (hopefully) we might see at least one new feature every six weeks. That's unofficial coming from me.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 15 (298 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS