Page 13 of 15 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next >
This post has 297 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 2949
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 2:42 AM

MJ. Smith:

Tes:

Is the subsctiption only for new features or resources as well?

Currently it is only for features, datasets and perks ... not resources.

Thanks MJ for the clarification, I am reading this now.I had technical problem with my Internet connecion. for almost 10 days.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 4:31 AM

MJ. Smith:

Simon:

If Logos 7 will be released in 2 years, that would mean $192 in subscription fees. It's a shame paying that amount of money, and having to pay the full upgrade price to be able to keep on using them (owning them). Owning books/features/datasets means a big deal to me. But paying twice for the same feature just te be able to own it, feels wrong.

This was discussed extensively in the beta. I think the problem is that Logos doesn't know now what percentage of the features and datasets will appropriately translate into the owned version ... so all they can say is that they will strive to be fait. And if we demanded that they set the percentage upfront, it would hobble their ability to adjust their development to reflect users' response.

If Logos would only assure us that Logos NOW will have ALL the features and ALL the data sets of all future base packages and we would NEVER have to purchase a base package again just like Office 365 that would be enough. But as it is the system seems like throwing good money after bad.

Posts 141
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 5:57 AM

"If Logos would only assure us that Logos NOW will have ALL the features and ALL the data sets of all future base packages and we would NEVER have to purchase a base package again just like Office 365 that would be enough. But as it is the system seems like throwing good money after bad."

And this is exactly what I do not want to have happen.  I do not want to lease my logos software.  I want to buy it, own it and be able to use it without the internet.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 6:14 AM

MS still offers Office as a stand alone product and it sounds like Faithlife will be offering Logos as a stand alone as well. What bothers me is that there will undoubtedly be books in the next base package that I will want and possible data sets and features that are not a part of Logos NOW. When the time comes to purchase Logos 7 I find the though of having to purchase data sets and features I have been renting for 2 years very distasteful. At least with Office 365 I know there is no need to purchase the next version if I don't want to. What Logos is doing seems designed to make everyone unhappy whatever side you my take on the lease/buy debate.

Posts 1575
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 6:55 AM

Good News! I skipped lunch yesterday and used Logos Now to help me write a paper, and by doing so I paid for next months subscription payment. The paper is nearly done and my wallet wont even know the difference.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 8:47 AM

mike:

Phil Gons:

What do you get with Logos Now?

1. Special membership benefits such as exclusive offers, special discounts, and more.

What does the first release include?

1. Membership benefits (e.g., exclusive offers, special discounts)

Phil, can you elaborate on these please...

As of now, Logos Now is no different than biblia site.

As part of your Logos Now subscription, you have access to app.logos.com, but you also get access to new features and data sets in the desktop app.

app.logos.com is still in an early beta phase, but we will be rapidly building it out with additional features from the desktop application.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 10:57 AM

I am interested also in more details of what the exclusive offers, special discounts, etc. will consist of. I feel that with Logos 6 Gold I already have more capabilities that I need for my personal study and leading a small group but if there were to be good prices on some of the major commentary sets and other products I am looking for then maybe it would be beneficial for me to pay the monthly charge. Can we get more of an idea of what these special offers will be? Thanks.

Posts 1575
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 11:05 AM

Earl Sheneman:
I am interested also in more details of what the exclusive offers, special discounts, etc. will consist of.

I'm hoping that part of the "special discounts" will be applied to the new base packages when the features in Logos Now are added for purchase (i.e. Logos 7).

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 12:11 PM

I've been followingvtgis thread, trying to get my head around what Logos Now is and how commiting to this venture will benefit me in the long term, I understand that this is still in early days and as such details are sketchy, but I echo the comments of others - that knowing that a subscription to LN would go towards the next upgrade would be beneficial.

I wonder if another option for this, which would help some in regard to the feeling that this could be 'dead money' if for some reason you had to stop your subscription, maybe that if you've subscribed for a year that rather than loosing access to LN, your subscription would be suspended, you'd still have access to LN but only to the level at which you subscribed too and this would be for certain length of time such as 6 months...

I'm guessing this wouldn't be easy, but surely is worth considering??

Posts 2731
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 2:28 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Floyd Johnson:
I am reminded of a line from the musical "Damn Yankees":

I think you've got it wrong. It's "What the users want, the users get." :-)

Thats clearly not true. I want abdigital version of BSM. Not gonna happen is it!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 2:50 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
I want abdigital version of BSM. Not gonna happen is it!

If Faithlife included a digital version of Bible Study Magazine with the Logos Now subscription I bet a lot more people would subscribe.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3668
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 3:32 PM

Super.Tramp:
If Faithlife included a digital version of Bible Study Magazine with the Logos Now subscription I bet a lot more people would subscribe.

I don't know - $9/Month or $90/Year for a magazine still would not get me to bite.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 3:47 PM

Super.Tramp:

Kevin A. Purcell:

That would be a great addition in the future. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 27944
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 3:58 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I don't know - $9/Month or $90/Year for a magazine still would not get me to bite.

Again, that would be one part of the service. My question for you: If you aren't interested in this, why keep posting about it? Just ignore it! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27944
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 3:59 PM

Super.Tramp:

Kevin A. Purcell:

+1

Posts 10434
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 4:41 PM

Now, Alabama, Bob's being transparent, but you don't need too. Telling the critics to be quiet would show the high mix of fan entries.  Letting Floyd contribute allows the fans to joyously ... uh .... fan.

Posts 3668
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 5:06 PM

Denise:

Now, Alabama, Bob's being transparent, but you don't need too. Telling the critics to be quiet would show the high mix of fan entries.  Letting Fred contribute allows the fans to joyously ... uh .... fan.

Denise - my name is Floyd.  But your point is valid. 

Alabama - Sounds like you only want one side to be heard - those supporting LOGOS Now. Regardless, I will continue replying to those posts that I want to reply to.  If you don't want a reply, don't comment.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 27944
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 5:09 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Alabama - Sounds like you only want one side to be heard - those supporting LOGOS Now. Regardless, I will continue replying to those posts that I want to reply to.  If you don't want a reply, don't comment.

Nope. It is ok to hear "both sides." Just be fair and don't make personal attacks. 

Posts 3668
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 5:19 PM

alabama24:
Nope. It is ok to hear "both sides." Just be fair and don't make personal attacks. 

Sorry if you felt that my comment was meant to be personal.  Actually, my thought, as I typed, was that I was echoing your comment.

alabama24:
Again, that would be one part of the service. My question for you: If you aren't interested in this, why keep posting about it? Just ignore it! 

Floyd Johnson:
Sounds like you only want one side to be heard - those supporting LOGOS Now. Regardless, I will continue replying to those posts that I want to reply to.  If you don't want a reply, don't comment.

Having said that, I am still on the fence.  I currently see little of value to me - but will be watching as more value is added to the LOGOS Now package.  In the meantime, I will remain a part of the discussion.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 10434
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2015 5:28 PM

My aplogies Floyd ... my eyes saw Floyd, but my fingers typed along their merry way. I should keep an eye on them.

Page 13 of 15 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > | RSS