What programs integrate well with Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 23 2010 11:31 AM

This weekend I am doing some heavy lifting with Logos 4.  I've "played around" with it since the beta, but I want to try and integrate it into my sermon preparation.  So I am wondering what computer programs other Logos 4 users use with Logos 4 to enhance it.  I am also wondering what type of program usage can be replaced by Logos 4.

So for example of replacement - do people still use an external note taker (OneNote, Word) or are the Logos 4 Notes sufficient?

Right now my practice is to use Logos for reading and research (searches mainly) and other tools for sermon note taking. If I can streamline, that would be great.  It would also be good to hear about tools that work well with Logos 4.

• I use MindManager to map out the outline of my sermon and its sub-points.  That allows me to visually "see" the sermon structure, and move ideas around.
  • I use MS Word to create and print outlines
  • I use paper and pen (yes, paper!) to mark up a text, and make initial notes.  I've never gotten the hang of OneNote
  • I have previously used paper commentaries and highlighted/underlined/marked up.  Now that I have Logos Platinum with more commentaries, I am planning on using it more.  Do you all highlight commentaries in Logos?

I'm hoping for a good discussion of how pastors/teachers use Logos as the centerpiece of their study.  I'm not asking what could replace Logos, but if there is something that integrates well (like OneNote) and makes Logos more useful, I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 12:02 PM

Someone in another forum suggested a program, Scrivener, which I purchased. It was pretty inexpensive and I'm learning committed to learning how to best use that program. However, I'd be really interested in learning more about your use of MindManager to develop your sermon outline. I have that program also and it's just sitting dormant on my computer. 

Thanks!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 1:01 PM

LaRosa Johnson's OneNote video

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS