Logos Lite

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 190
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 10 2015 7:31 AM

I realise there have been many voices contributing to what Logos 7 should look like.  I wanted to ask if there were any plans for a light version of Logos which will do many of the basic functions but extras could take time when required.  I still have Logos 5 and it takes some time for most functions.  Admittedly my computer is 4 years old however Logos is one of my slowest programs on my computer - I have no problems with any others I use.  

I for one, would value an option that could streamline Logos if only to activate when the computer is old - I'm sure others must struggle with the speed at times.  Is this being worked on at all?

Paul

Posts 263
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 7:33 AM

Paul Chatfield:

I realise there have been many voices contributing to what Logos 7 should look like.  I wanted to ask if there were any plans for a light version of Logos which will do many of the basic functions but extras could take time when required.  I still have Logos 5 and it takes some time for most functions.  Admittedly my computer is 4 years old however Logos is one of my slowest programs on my computer - I have no problems with any others I use.  

I for one, would value an option that could streamline Logos if only to activate when the computer is old - I'm sure others must struggle with the speed at times.  Is this being worked on at all?

Paul

Do you have an SSD in your computer?  If not, that makes a big difference.

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 7:57 AM

Paul Chatfield:
I wanted to ask if there were any plans for a light version of Logos which will do many of the basic functions but extras could take time when required.

I don't think so... but perhaps when more "filled out" the web app (Logos Now) would accomplish that for you.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 8:06 AM

What about the Windows 8 app? Or would that be too "lite"? 

Posts 190
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 8:13 AM

Michael:

Do you have an SSD in your computer?  If not, that makes a big difference.

No Michael I haven't and yes, I've heard that makes a difference and thanks Alabama for the Logos Now idea though I was thinking of an offline lite version.

Actually, I deliberately bought and chose this computer before buying Logos 4 as I knew Logos was slow generally - it has never been quick for me and it is just very slow as I've added books. For example, I have had a few conversations with ppl who I've wanted to show something to from Logos and I've known how to find it but Logos has just been too slow to open the library and so conversation has moved on and I've not been able to show them.

I guess my desire is more of a yearning that one day Logos might actually be quick without needing to buy the latest addon.  This summer, I will upgrade my computer mainly to work Logos, but I just fear that in a couple of years time people will say 'yeah Logos 7 is slow, but if you have xxxx then it's not' and the situation will return to where I am again.  A Lite version would just be lovely.  The temptation otherwise is I'll just stick with Logos 5 and won't upgrade, not because I wouldn't be prepared to spend some money or want the latest features, but just because speed is so useful.

Posts 2868
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 2:39 PM

The apps.logos.com site will become Logos lite when it's finished.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS