RE: Logos NOW

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 956
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 9:27 AM

Bobby Terhune:
My understanding is that some of these features will be rolled into version 7, but probably not all of them. As Logos Now matures I believe more is going to be added to it, so that by the time version 7 comes out there will still be a compelling reason to stay subscribed past the version 7 roll out.

???????????????????? I had assumed that all software bits that plugged into Logos 6 would be in Logos 7 and it would be things other than that which would only be for subscribers. I can see the logic of what you say though. I have a horrible feeling that Bob could not say "yes" or "no" to that at the present time as no decision has been made.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 9:52 AM

You may be aware of this thread already.  Bob has posted a number of times answering various questions to include his thinking on what would roll into the next desktop version.  If you have not done so already, I recommend reading the thread.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/103335.aspx

Posts 776
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 10:41 AM

Indeed, Bob has been quite energetic in sharing their thinking and their direction as far as he can share it at this time about the whole Logos Now idea. I applaud their daring in this business decision (though I am not jumping on board just yet) because they certainly knew it would raise some enthusiastic protests from many users.

How difficult such decisions must be for them. There are many things they do that are potentially good for their customers (loyal and otherwise) that nevertheless invoke some level of ire. And how hard it must be to walk that tightrope and still remain viable as a company.

I played a little mind game, wondering if, say 6 years ago, they would have offered customers access to their software and all available resources (everything they offer) for $100/month. I know I wouldn't have jumped on that deal because, well, that's a lot of money. But in retrospect, it would have been a great deal when weighed against what I currently own (a shadow of what's offered) and how much I have paid over the years for these resources. Not only are my decisions not always rational, but they are made based on a very unclear vision of my future use.

So, to reverse that scenario, I appreciate the difficulty in striking out in a new business direction realizing that their customers will also often make irrational decisions based on an unclear vision of future use. The nice thing about Logos Now for the customers is that they can just off the boat at any time.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 10:47 AM

Lew Worthington:
I played a little mind game, wondering if, say 6 years ago, they would have offered customers access to their software and all available resources (everything they offer) for $100/month. I know I wouldn't have jumped on that deal because, well, that's a lot of money. But in retrospect, it would have been a great deal when weighed against what I currently own (a shadow of what's offered) and how much I have paid over the years for these resources. Not only are my decisions not always rational, but they are made based on a very unclear vision of my future use.

But you now OWN them and can access them even when not connected to the internet.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 10:50 AM

Lew Worthington:

I played a little mind game ....

I like to think of it as a mental exercise.  It's a good thing to do once in a while.

Smile

Posts 776
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 11:07 AM

George Somsel:

But you now OWN them and can access them even when not connected to the internet.

Indeed, there is definitely a huge upside to the way things are now.

Posts 776
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 11:08 AM

Steve:

I like to think of it as a mental exercise.  It's a good thing to do once in a while.

Yeah, but I've gotta' get in shape. Smile

Posts 3154
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2015 6:15 AM

Denise:

Whyndell, no intent to argue with you. But your line in the sand is a sandy line.  Ownership.  Folks think it's a yea/nea issue.  But it's more sandy than that. Bob said he'll support ownership for the foreseeable future. Like Logos5?  Or upkeep with some features? Or ..... ?  Bob can rationalize quite well. As do I and everyone else.

Here in Sedona, there's no local prop-tax. Council always wants to spend. People cry 'prop-tax'!! Council decries ... we didn't say prop-tax.   Council gets voted out.  People are not stupid (except where they disagree with DP).

I encourage folks' opinions. Like yours.  It's often much of their earthly world (Bible study).

Thanks Denise for your point.

Yes it is sandy- that's why for each one of us it will become a more solid line at some time- it each person will have to decide that. As for me if I never, ever bought another Logos book- I have a library that will help me and those the Lord puts in my path for long past my physical life- meaning I could leave it to another individual who could use it all their life and not buy another book.

I don't and neither does a congregation need very book that comes out, if all I had was the Scriptures- I could still reach the World for Christ, why? The power and direction of the Holy Spirit (He who actually does the work of salvation), not Faithlife, this does not discount the value of books or observations made by godly believers. PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT ABOUT THIS STATEMENT ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 2:10 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Denise:

Whyndell, no intent to argue with you. But your line in the sand is a sandy line.  Ownership.  Folks think it's a yea/nea issue.  But it's more sandy than that. Bob said he'll support ownership for the foreseeable future. Like Logos5?  Or upkeep with some features? Or ..... ?  Bob can rationalize quite well. As do I and everyone else.

Here in Sedona, there's no local prop-tax. Council always wants to spend. People cry 'prop-tax'!! Council decries ... we didn't say prop-tax.   Council gets voted out.  People are not stupid (except where they disagree with DP).

I encourage folks' opinions. Like yours.  It's often much of their earthly world (Bible study).

Thanks Denise for your point.

Yes it is sandy- that's why for each one of us it will become a more solid line at some time- it each person will have to decide that. As for me if I never, ever bought another Logos book- I have a library that will help me and those the Lord puts in my path for long past my physical life- meaning I could leave it to another individual who could use it all their life and not buy another book.

I don't and neither does a congregation need very book that comes out, if all I had was the Scriptures- I could still reach the World for Christ, why? The power and direction of the Holy Spirit (He who actually does the work of salvation), not Faithlife, this does not discount the value of books or observations made by godly believers. PLEASE EVERYONE DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT ABOUT THIS STATEMENT ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Agreed. Praise God for Faithlife, and Logos. But if they turned to zephyr tomorrow, then as a pastor I'd still be ok.

Disappointed - certainly - destitute? Not so long as there is a Holy Spirit. 

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 9:41 PM

abondservant:
Agreed. Praise God for Faithlife, and Logos. But if they turned to zephyr tomorrow, then as a pastor I'd still be ok.

Disappointed - certainly - destitute? Not so long as there is a Holy Spirit

YES! So grateful to Logos. BUT, life goes on with or without them. Amen! Yes

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 2:18 AM

Bobby Terhune:
My understanding is that some of these features will be rolled into version 7, but probably not all of them. As Logos Now matures I believe more is going to be added to it, so that by the time version 7 comes out there will still be a compelling reason to stay subscribed past the version 7 roll out.

My belief as well; and I did subscribe to Logos Now for the time being.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS