[resolved] personal book - trying to hyperlink to specific Bible version

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 11 2015 6:08 AM

I thought something like this would be possible, but maybe not. I want to link to a specific verse within a specific Bible version, like Prov 10:2, NASB. I have no problem with the hyperlink to the verse itself, since Logos does that automatically when it builds the book. But I've been looking in the help files and on this forum, and I can't seem to find the syntax for specifying a specific resource to link to in addition to the reference. Any ideas, and if this is possible, where should I have already found this information?

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 8:02 AM

I am pretty sure this can be done by inserting a resource link. I have never done it so I am not sure of the syntax. I am sure someone who does will see this thread and confirm whether or not it can be done and if so how to do it.

Posts 29091
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 2:36 PM

[[BibleNASB:Pr 10:2]]

[[Bible:Jn 3:16]]  most Bible links are created automatically, which means you don’t need to tag them – however, you may explicitly refer to a datatype with a certain verse-map, such as BibleLXX or BibleLUTBIB1984, see Bible Datatypes  from https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10679
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 3:09 PM

I think that it should probably look like this

[[Proverbs 10:2 NASB >> logosres:nasb95;ref=BibleNASB95.Pr10.2]]

when the resource NASB95 and the reference (in NASB's verse map, of course) is to be linked.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2015 5:33 PM

Thank you! The link to the wiki is really what I have been looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS