the Power of Favorites

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 23 2010 3:50 PM

this addition in the wiki shows how to use Favorites to organize your study projects/topics. This can be useful in tying your note & clippings to your study or project.

power of favorites

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 4:00 PM

Thanks very much for this.  I suspect that this is the kind of thing that people are trying to use layouts OR notes for, and are frustrated.

L4 works fine:  we just need to learn the new paradigm.

Esther

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:52 PM

Doug has some good ideas using Favorites (see this post)

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 6:47 PM

And thanks Doug, and of course, thanks to Mark Barnes who is AMAZING with L4.  He's really got his head around how this thing works...

Esther

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2010 7:19 PM

Esther Jones:

And thanks Doug, and of course, thanks to Mark Barnes who is AMAZING with L4.  He's really got his head around how this thing works...

Agree! Mark has some of the best tutorials out there!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 3:01 AM

Wow...whoever did that tutorial....thanks a bunch..that took some time!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 7:40 AM

Yes, it took a good part of my day. But i thought that others might benefit. It seem that Mark's solution works really well. Now i can associate Notes & Clippings to my projects.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:32 PM

tagging this Power of Favorites post as wiki, for associating with forum search

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:48 AM

Esther, I disagree.  

Favorites is OK, but even Mark uses paper (Paper!!!!) for part of this sermon prep because of things he cannot do in L4.  How can it be just fine if he has to use paper to do his sermon prep???

And Mark again does not annotate his notes and clippings in L4 (well at least not the way he can on paper).  If you see how Mark does his original passage study on paper - write down the passage doubled spaced, then write notes all over that paper, put questions in, etc...  THAT IS WHAT WE NEED L4 NOTES TO DO.  Then with favorites and that note application  - then it will be fine.

That all being said - still think L4 is way better than anything else out there for study - they just need to get the notes right which will make favorites really valuable. 

Esther Jones:

Thanks very much for this.  I suspect that this is the kind of thing that people are trying to use layouts OR notes for, and are frustrated.

L4 works fine:  we just need to learn the new paradigm.

Esther

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:59 AM

Michael Birney:
Favorites is OK, but even Mark uses paper (Paper!!!!) for part of this sermon prep because of things he cannot do in L4.  How can it be just fine if he has to use paper to do his sermon prep???

Michael, I can't find anywhere in His video where he says he HAS to use paper because of a lack of L4. Some people prefer paper as a part of the study process, I know that I do. Now maybe when the iPad is released, you might get me away from my paper observation sheets. I doubt it though.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 7:30 AM

Terry Poperszky:
Michael, I can't find anywhere in His video where he says he HAS to use paper because of a lack of L4. Some people prefer paper as a part of the study process, I know that I do.

Actually, Terry is right; Mark specifically states in his video that he does this (uses paper and handwritten notes)  to "slow himself down" and cause him to ruminate on his passages more.

I've done it and I did it for the same reason...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS